Topic: Login issues

Hi,

My forum was working for a while, but now I am having login issues. Where a user logs in successfully, is redirected back to the index page, but then is not actually logged in.  This seems to be happening for a number of users.

Below is my config.php file

$cookie_name = 'avrilbb';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '30e6332b';

define('PUN', 1);

You can view my site here - http://forum.avril.pl

Thanks in advance for your help.

dadee

Re: Login issues

what version of PunBB 1.2 do you have installed?

Carpe diem

Hi,

it's 1.2.12.

thanks.

Did you solve this? Any other symptoms?

Similar issues I've seen were caused by mods.

Carpe diem

dadee wrote:

My forum was working for a while, but now I am having login issues. Where a user logs in successfully, is redirected back to the index page, but then is not actually logged in.  This seems to be happening for a number of users.

What has been changed on the setup or in the files between it working okay and it not working?

I just installed version PunBB 1.2.20 and I'm experiencing the same problem. Sometimes when I login I actually get logged in, but other times when I login I don't actually get logged in. It usually takes one or two additional tries to get logged in.

Also, I didn't tick the option of remaining logged in or being remembered when I leave, but even after closing the browser and returning I find that I'm still logged in - when I am able to login that is.

DavidPr wrote:

but even after closing the browser and returning I find that I'm still logged in

What browser/OS, please?

Carpe diem

mine at indocg.com
is also have login
after login
i write post

hit submit
suddenly i become guest big_smile

how can this problem solved?
thanks.

im use windows xp and firefox.

I'm having a similar issue, seemingly when someone logs in on www.example.com when the domain is set in the forum options to example.com.
PunBB 1.2.20 (patched for the latest update).

To reproduce:
go to www.example.com/login.php or www.example.com/index.php. Login is successful, but PunBB redirects to example.com/index.php, where the user now shows up as not logged in. If you go back to www.example.com, the user is once again logged in.

I end up with two cookies - one for www.example.com and one for example.com. Maybe makes more sense to make the cookie for .example.com, or at least have an option to do it this way?

william wrote:

I end up with two cookies - one for www.example.com and one for example.com. Maybe makes more sense to make the cookie for .example.com, or at least have an option to do it this way?

ps - I did hard-code $cookie_domain to .example.com in the config, and that seemed to fix the problem, so sorry for the noise.

delete all cache in cache dir