Topic: A few bugs...

I've been setting up my forum and have come across a few bugs.  Sorry if these have been posted before.  I'm new to punBB.

Oxygen.css ->

Around line 139

#brd-redirect, #brd-maint, #brd-util {
    margin: 50px auto 12px auto;
    width: 60%;
    }

Shouldn't it be "#brd-main" instead?

Around line 220

.brd .main-head .hn, .brd .main-foot .hn{
    font-size: 1.084em;
    padding-right: 10em;
    }

You probably want to add a space for consistency's sake: ".hn {".

Around line 225

.brd h2.main-subhead {
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 1px;
    padding: 0 1.417em;
    font-size: 1.084em;
    padding: 0.462em 10em 0.426em 1.417em;
    }

Isn't the first "padding" unnecessary and repetitive?

.brd .extension .options, .brd .hotfix .options {
    border-top-style:dashed;
    border-top-width:1px;
}

You want an extra tab on that last bracket?

Oxygen_cs.css ->

Around line 363

.brd .main-frm .ct-group td{
    background: #FBFBFB;
    }

You probably want to add a space for consistency's sake: "td {".

Around line 371

.brd .main-content .main-item .icon {
    border-color: #EDF1F5 #DDE0E4 #C6CBD3 #BABFC6
    }

.brd .main-content .redirect .icon {
    border-color: #f4f4f4 #f4f4f4 #f4f4f4 #f4f4f4
    }

.brd .main-content .sticky .icon {
    border-color: #D7E5F3 #C3CFDC #9FB3C7 #90A2B4
    }

.brd .main-content .closed .icon {
    border-color: #ACACAC #979797 #898989 #7A7A7A
    }

.brd .main-content .sticky .closed {
    border-color: #D7E5F3 #C3CFDC #898989 #7A7A7A
    }

.brd .main-content .new .icon {
    border-color: #2B75AD #235E8C #1F537B #266799
    }

You probably want these to end with ";".

Just generally with the css files, it seems like these could be tightened up and tidied up a bit.  I get the feeling there is probably double the code necessary, but that's just an impression after playing for a short time.

Parsing routines ->

I can't give a specific file for this, but just explain...  As mentioned in this post, I took something of a roundabout way to convert my phpBB3 board to punBB 1.3.2.  I expected a few glitches.

One of the things that ended up happening is that I got several incorrectly formatted BBC quote tags, like this:

[quote:3943ds]

I think the extra code is inserted by phpBB3 to help match with closing brackets, but what ended up happening once I got to punBB 1.3.2 was that I got a bunch of extra closing "blockquote" tags without matching starting tags.  The formatting broke down completely with this!

I have noticed since that punBB checks that such code cannot go INTO the database through normal posting, but that only checks things on the front end.  In my opinion, the parsing of the code coming OUT OF the database needs a little more robustness.  If the database can store it, the parsing routines should handle it.

That's about all I can offer for now.  I'll post again if I run across anything.

Re: A few bugs...

kaptainkory wrote:

I have noticed since that punBB checks that such code cannot go INTO the database through normal posting, but that only checks things on the front end.  In my opinion, the parsing of the code coming OUT OF the database needs a little more robustness.  If the database can store it, the parsing routines should handle it.

You have provided your own answer to that paragragh. That code cannot, in normal use, be inserted into the database, hence the outward bound parsing would be moot.

You cannot parse for unknowns. If you are going to enter code via whichever means manually, then you need to make sure that code is formatted correctly.

kaptainkory wrote:

Oxygen.css ->

Around line 139

#brd-redirect, #brd-maint, #brd-util {
    margin: 50px auto 12px auto;
    width: 60%;
    }

Shouldn't it be "#brd-main" instead?

No, that's the maintenance mode message.

FluxBB - v1.4.8

CSS glitches were fixed, particularly in http://punbb.informer.com/trac/changeset/1077