Topic: Update on progress of pun_karma?

What is the progress of the pun_karma project? Has it been cancelled or what? The only info I could find about it was 6 months old.

Re: Update on progress of pun_karma?

PunBB eKarma 0.9 is available via quirm.net - if that is of any use to you.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Yeah, I have eKarma installed now, and I like it but i thought pun_karma you could leave a reson why you were giving them karma. Do you think you will ever develop something like that?

ah no, no plans for that in mine atm, sorry.

byUsers forum

I hope, pun_karma will be adapted for the last PunBB version. But I can't say anything about the time of its release. Nevertheless, what features would you like to be added in the new version of the extension?

6 (edited by jamiet757 2009-03-23 09:41)

I would like it to be able to popup with a box to leave a short message with your karma, and then you can view the messages on a main screen that shows your karma.

Also, I think it should have an easy method for disabling the negative karma. It is easy for members to abuse the negative karma and just use it to retaliate against someone.

icons for + and -

disabling of karma down option. or perhaps allow vote up once per x hours and vote down once per y hours so that voting down is possible less frequently.

esupergood wrote:

disabling of karma down option. or perhaps allow vote up once per x hours and vote down once per y hours so that voting down is possible less frequently.

Yes this, because it is easy for people to abuse the negative karma option

ekarma is too easy to game for it to be of any real use.. neutral

hello, i am very eager to know the latest status of pun_karma or ekarma extension. I badly need to implement this in my forum. But i must have reason for karma.

if you guys don't have plan to make it, then I will start making. because i have no alternative options for karma with reason.

thanks

I think you should make yours, Might be quicker, and when you do.. Please release it big_smile

I will start making this tomorrow unless I get called out to do something else unless the dev team state about the one they are making in the mean time.

Just to let you know, I have started on this, And can get it finished later today wink

Just to let you know, I have started on this, And can get it finished later today wink
One thing I could do with a hand with though, Is 2 images! 1 for + and 1 for -

If anyone could get those it would help tongue

Cheers

look for a thumbs up - then flip it smile

byUsers forum

17 (edited by rajuru 2009-04-10 18:29)

Smith wrote:

Cheers

nice that u started. i will be happy if I could help you anytime.

r u looking for images?

try on http://www.iconfinder.net/search/?q=thumb

http://www.iconfinder.net/data/icons/fa … umb_up.png
http://www.iconfinder.net/data/icons/fa … b_down.png

convert them to gif for IE6 compatibility.

thanks

Smith wrote:

Cheers

Hey Smith, have you gotten anywhere on this extension, or did you give up?

esupergood wrote:

In the control panel where you set the names for karma plus and minus, leave the field for karma minus blank. The button wont show.

The extension was updated to the latest punbb version.