Topic: Moving forum path

Hi all,

there are already some posts about this, but I can't get rid of this problem, so would appreciate your help. Here is the sequence of steps I go through:

* I am running a 1.2 clone and upgrading to 1.3.2. The upgrade is okay.
* Now I want to move the base directory holding the forum on my site from example.com/test2 to example.com/test3
* I create the new folder, copy the files, clear the cache directory, change the $base_url in config.php to point to the new path
* I launch the new forum in a browser and get the following errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at
/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at
/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 17

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 18

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 19

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 22

* Additionally, I can't login (I am clearing cookies and browser cache before attempting that, ensure that cookies are accepted). I get this error message:

You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and if applicable, enable cookies for this website.

Do I miss something? Are there any manual database entry updates which could help? I know the answer to that is usually 'no', but my database has been just updated from the 1.2 to 1.3 migration script, so I wonder if that differs from a clean install somehow.

Sorry for the long post. I would appreciate any feedback.

Re: Moving forum path

yuzz wrote:

I launch the new forum in a browser and get the following errors:

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 16

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 17

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 18

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 19

/home/projecto/public_html/test3/config.php:1) in /home/projecto/public_html/test3/header.php on line 22

Try to save config.php with UTF-8 (without BOM).

yuzz wrote:

* Additionally, I can't login (I am clearing cookies and browser cache before attempting that, ensure that cookies are accepted).

Have you changed the value of $cookie_domain or $cookie_path?

Re: Moving forum path

Slavok wrote:

Have you changed the value of $cookie_domain or $cookie_path?

No.

Slavok wrote:

Try to save config.php with UTF-8 (without BOM).

It was UTF-8. I have tried the opposite -- to save it as ANSI. And it worked -- no errors and login works properly.

Thanks.