Topic: Board footer

Hi,

When I click on a thread in my forumn I get a blank screen with "Board footer."  This started all of a sudden on Monday.  I previously had version 1.2.10 and I reinstalled 1.2.20 over it, but I still got the blank screen with "Board footer."  Then I tried deleting the config file and reinstalled a new database but the problem still exists.  New file, new database, same problem.  Could it be server configuration?

Please help.  To see the forum go to:

http://pccfranchise.com/forum99

user: reiner
password: 650099

Jay

Re: Board footer

There is no problem that I can see. Everything displays just fine.

Thanks for the reply, but you probably did not go deep enough.  Once you log in and see a list of topics (which displays fine) if you click on a topic to read it, that is when I see the error on IE 6.0 and Firefox 5.0.

Thanks!

When people have to login or register to help you, you will proberbly will not get any help.
People do not like to register to help people.

Make your board public availible so we can have a look or have a demo acount so people can have a look.

kierownik wrote:

When people have to login or register to help you, you will proberbly will not get any help.
People do not like to register to help people.

Make your board public availible so we can have a look or have a demo acount so people can have a look.

You've done the same trick as I did the other week. big_smile big_smile

user: reiner
password: 650099

You had made no alterations to the code whatsoever? Post your viewtopic up here, (within code tags). Everything else appears to be functioning fine.

Matt, no I have made no alterations to the code.  In fact I reinstalled all the code.  I also tried a fresh clean version of the database and received the same message.  I'm suspecting if it is not the code or the database that there must have been a server configuration change.  Is there a setting on the server that could cause this issue?

Jay

Not related to Pun, there isn't.

No, I meant our server.  I may try installing the latest version and start from scratch.  Do you know if the database for 1.2 and 1.3 are compatible?  that is if I install the latest version, database and all, and it workes woudl I be able to transfer our data into the new database?

Thanks!

Jay

I can't see why any server related setting would cause that specific problem. I would expect something server related to affect more than one specific script.

With regards to upgrading, you update your existing installation. You don't need to transfer anything across. Obviously make sure that you have upto date backups of your existing setup and DB, however. Upgrade info is knocking about on here somewhere. Check the Wiki. It may be in there.

The upgrade to 1.3 solved the issue.  Also the upgrade was very simple ... took about 1/2 hour including backing up the old database.

Thanks!

it's a little problem if you have some skills on web design it's simple to solve but no need to upgrade.