Topic: New bot Users ...

Hi
When I start to host my local forum on Internet I saw that there is a lot of new user registering with mail in mail.ru domain or different, but still in this domain...
what can I do to prevent this?

and one more think, did You have the same problem with login in... after login its transfering me to RSS page ...

Re: New bot Users ...

There was a good fix for the spambots that worked 100% for me. Not sure how to find it now but it's on the forum somewhere. It involves adding an extra question during registration such as "what is 5 plus 5" and the bots can't beat it.

tomasz wrote:

and one more think, did You have the same problem with login in... after login its transfering me to RSS page ...

Which are you running? 1.2* or 1.3*. That problem only relates to 1.3* yet you're asking in the 1.2* section, so which version are you running?

I mean on this forum... but like I see it's not solved yet here ;p
esupergood I only found Antibot but it's not what You've said.

search punres.org for captcha.....

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

esupergood wrote:

There was a good fix for the spambots that worked 100% for me. Not sure how to find it now but it's on the forum somewhere. It involves adding an extra question during registration such as "what is 5 plus 5" and the bots can't beat it.

You're probably thinking about the Human Test mod:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=503

yeah, I used the Human Test mod, and people who used that 'ru' email spamm accounts significantly decreased.