Topic: Abililty to force people to change their style

ok here is thing.

I started a forum with a specific style, now there are 1000 people registered and every one of them don't know about the new style, or they didn't changed it. So i want a query or something to make all the registered user to change to the new style. Is this possible.

Thanks in advance.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

2 (edited by Arimus 2009-04-24 08:24)

Re: Abililty to force people to change their style

1. Set all users to the new style

UPDATE users SET style="<<new style name>>"

2. Change the default

ALTER TABLE users MODIFY style varchar(28) default "<<new style name>>" not null

Replace <<new style name>> with the name of the new style as per the drop down boxes.

You can skip 2 if you don't want it to be the default...

On step 1 you can add a where clause if you only want to update specific users (e.g UPDATE users SET style="Dark" WHERE users.groups=1 to only update admin users).

lol thanks but i got this error: #1146 - Table 'supermag_sports2all.users' doesn't exist

Maybe table names have a prefix (the prefix is set during installation)? Then you should run a query

UPDATE <prefix>users SET style="<<new style name>>"

Awesome, it worked, Thanks alot both of you.

No problems, I forgot you could add a prefix (I've got all my various forums etc living nicely in their own mysql databases so don't use the prefix functionality)

well i use prefix, because i set my Wp plugin to send daily backups to my mail and it also sends the forum backup with it. smile