Topic: You are not logged in. You are banned from this forum.

Greetings all.

I set up a PunBB for a faculty member and gave him admin access some time ago. He told me he cannot log-in now. When I go to the forum page it says "You are not logged in" and below that under "Info": "You are banned from this forum."

Since I hadn't done anything but go to the forum URL, I expected the "You are not logged in" but "You are banned from this forum?".

The link to the login page shows correctly in the browser status bar but nothing happens when you click the link. Likewise putting the URL to the login page in the browser location field does nothing.

I logged in via CocoaMySQL (i'm on OS X Server) and see a TON of spam users self-registered. (unrelated?)

Also, when I log into phpmyadmin I see the following message:Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.24a differs from your MySQL server version 4.1.22. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
(unrelated?)

Any insights for correcting this (or perhaps upgrading to the latest PunBB version and getting things migrated properly)?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Re: You are not logged in. You are banned from this forum.

Check the bans table? Sounds like someone banned a slightly broader IP range than they should.

3 (edited by cheekygeek 2008-06-20 20:42)

The BAN table has two columns (Rows and Ip)
and 61 rows.
Row One: 60  | null
Row Two:  1   |  x.x.x.x (where that is the IP address of the host server).

The last record in the BAN table all of the sudden shows the IP address of the server instead of null. I deleted that record, but it still shows anyone who comes to the forum is banned.
???

PS... thanks for such a quick response!

4 (edited by tundern 2009-05-06 06:39)

On a related note, I am an Administrator who got banned from my punBB forum by Akismet for some still unknown reason.  The host of my Web site has removed the Akmismet plugin, so that I can participate in the forum again, but I still show up on the user list and all posts as Banned.  I'm no longer on the bans list.  How can I edit my Status/Title to make it show Administrator again instead of Banned?

Try to clear forum cache by removing all php-files from directory "<FORUM_ROOT>/cache".

Slavok wrote:

Try to clear forum cache by removing all php-files from directory "<FORUM_ROOT>/cache".

Thanks, Slavok.  I hope that helps someone else.  Me, I've just logged onto my forum again after the host's support people had another look at it and wow! (56 days later!) I am Administrator again instead of Banned.

Don't know how it happened, just very happy that it did!

Cheers! Za vashe zdorovye'!