1 (edited by xMatthew 2009-05-20 02:20)

Topic: Styling-?

I'm very sorry if this is the wrong section!

Question 1: I was just wondering if someone could help me style a simple theme, or show me the framework of PunBB.
Question 2: Would I be able to use PHP's Explode function in PunBB. If so, how?

Thanks,

Re: Styling-?

xMatthew wrote:

Would I be able to use PHP's Explode function in PunBB. If so, how?

I didn't get it. What exactly do you want?

Parpalak wrote:

I didn't get it. What exactly do you want?

The user would input a huge link, but when they post it the link would just say link rather than a huge URL.

Huge URLs are cut automatically. For example, this code

[url]http://an_example.com/this_is_a_very_long_directory/and_this_is_a_very_long_file_name[/url]

gives the following link:

http://an_example.com/this_is_a_very_lo … _file_name

That's not exactly what I'm aiming for, but oh well.

As to styling; my friend is having some troubles with it...

If it's not what you're looking for you need to be a bit more descriptive! - If you look through the bbcode element of pun you can probably overwrite the url creation elements to make the link label 'link' (or whatever text you want), currently the link label is set to the url in the final html markup.

Um, it's a big old topic to just give help on, study the Oxygen theme, copy it and start making changes and see what happens. Generally all you need to change is the Oxygen_cs.css which is the colours. If you copy the Oxygen directory and rename it to your new theme name all you really need to do is then rename anything with Oxygen in it to your theme name.

Then I'm afraid it's down to fiddling! smile

SiCo wrote:

If it's not what you're looking for you need to be a bit more descriptive! - If you look through the bbcode element of pun you can probably overwrite the url creation elements to make the link label 'link' (or whatever text you want), currently the link label is set to the url in the final html markup.

Um, it's a big old topic to just give help on, study the Oxygen theme, copy it and start making changes and see what happens. Generally all you need to change is the Oxygen_cs.css which is the colours. If you copy the Oxygen directory and rename it to your new theme name all you really need to do is then rename anything with Oxygen in it to your theme name.

Then I'm afraid it's down to fiddling! smile

Thank you for your help. Well, the major problem he had was when he tried to move the whole forum to the top so there isn't a gap. When he attempted to change it, I don't know which element it was, it wouldn't move.