Topic: email posts

I am trying to convince an academic community network to move their discussion threads to punBB. Their requirements though demand that the software automatically subscribes all users to all threads and sends emails containing the whole post to the user list, which currently consists of about 1500 members. From there, each user should be able to unsubscribe from any existing thread.

Can PunBB do it - maybe via an extension?

Re: email posts

anyone there?

This is a great idea!

Even if one could just enable it in one forum or topic it would be pretty cool, sort of like a newsletter.

There is no off-the-shelf solution for this, but, yes, it can be done via extension. Add an extension request, please.

wouldn't it be bitter if it is broadcast email.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Slavok wrote:

Add an extension request, please.

Did it:)

7 (edited by SuperMAG 2009-05-31 19:19)

colak wrote:
Slavok wrote:

It doesn't matter if you put that in the Extension Requests list. nobody create extensions from there. you might need to wait 6 months or so, for extension developers to create even just few extensions lol.

There are very very few extension developers currently. And besides, no one visit wiki to find extension request page. That page should be in Forums.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

SuperMAG wrote:

It doesn't matter if you put that in the Extension Requests list. nobody create extensions from there. you might need to wait 6 months or so, for extension developers to create even just few extensions lol.

I guess it will be up to whoever thinks that it is a good idea and has enough knowledge to code it. You might be right that it might take 6 months or it might not happen. All I can do is post - sit - and wait.

9 (edited by nhodges 2010-08-22 06:28)

SuperMAG wrote:
colak wrote:
Slavok wrote:

There are very very few extension developers currently. And besides, no one visit wiki to find extension request page. That page should be in Forums.

I just made two from that list!