Topic: What is the best Webdesigner Software

I currently use the Frontpage 2003, which is very buggy, and produce alot of vaildation erros.

So what u people use.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: What is the best Webdesigner Software

I myself use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. But hardly long enough to say that it is the best one smile

Sounds good, i will try it, but as i know all adobe products are very big and produce a big load on computers. but thanks, i will definitely try it.

VI smile

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.
The limits of language are the limits of one's world.

Cereal wrote:

VI smile

Emacs wink

searched both in google but cant find anything about it. can you use complete name of the software please.

vi or vim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi
emacs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs

these are both advanced editors, together with some plugins they are greate developping in nay language, i use vim for php, sql, tcl and c coding, all with the acording color highlighting and the needed plugins.

and yes vi and emacs can run under windows

also i once used the eclipse-php project, this one is nice to but to slow.

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.

mmm those two are alittle more complicated for me tongue but i gonno try the Dreamweaver first

I found that Notepad is the best editor.

PHP, JAVA:  Eclipse Editor
ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET: Visual Studio 2008
HTML, CSS, DHTML, Javascript: Notepad, Dreamweaver CS3, Microsoft Express

I've moved into online CMS instead and I have enjoyed using Wordpress and more recently Textpattern

esupergood wrote:

I've moved into online CMS instead and I have enjoyed using Wordpress and more recently Textpattern

Okey dokey then. I'm gonna have to ask. big_smile How are they related to code/html editors?

MattF wrote:
esupergood wrote:

Okey dokey then. I'm gonna have to ask. big_smile How are they related to code/html editors?

Maybe esupergood is correctly implying that code editors are becoming obsolete for most of us. I do all coding within textpattern and if i need to change any php or other web based documents transmit does the job just fine:)

colak wrote:

I do all coding within textpattern and if i need to change any php or other web based documents transmit does the job just fine smile

I'm still no wiser. smile What/how exactly do they allow for the editing of files?

14 (edited by colak 2009-06-03 19:11)

MattF wrote:

I'm still no wiser. smile What/how exactly do they allow for the editing of files?

I guess you have to use them to understand. Textpattern stores all content, templates, css in a database accessible and editable via a browser which renders any other editors obsolete.

colak wrote:

I guess you have to use them to understand. Textpattern stores all content, templates, css in a database accessible and editable via a browser which renders any other editors obsolete.

Cheers for that explanation. smile That would only be of any use for directly editing files related to that particular CMS/Blog though, would it not? Not usable on anything external to itself.

I use textpad, and have done for years now. Wouldn't touch dreamweaver unless I was paid to use it (and they bought it for me of course).

If you care about coding standards don't use a wysiwyg.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

What do you use for CSS, Rich Pedley?  I sometimes use Dreamweaver for CSS.

Scripted wrote:

I sometimes use Dreamweaver for CSS.

Personally, Vi. For everything.

You must be very good with UNIX command, I'm more like a Microsoft person.

MattF wrote:

Cheers for that explanation. smile That would only be of any use for directly editing files related to that particular CMS/Blog though, would it not? Not usable on anything external to itself.

True that's where transmit comes in:)

Scripted wrote:

What do you use for CSS, Rich Pedley?  I sometimes use Dreamweaver for CSS.

Textpad again smile

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Scripted wrote:

You must be very good with UNIX command, I'm more like a Microsoft person.

UNIX command ahs nothing todo with VI

what i love about VI is that you don't need any mouse for, everything can be done with keyboard commands.

also small note: i use gvim, thats a graphical VI for windows smile

~Cereal

MattF wrote:
colak wrote:

Correct. But so what?
For the next projet you use the same CMS but with different content. Just like starting a new project in Dreamweaver.

esupergood wrote:

Correct. But so what?
For the next projet you use the same CMS but with different content. Just like starting a new project in Dreamweaver.

So in your opinion, any website you produce has to have a CMS at its core?

If you are an owner of a company ... I don't think you would consider "vi" for your software development IDE.  Because it wastes time and money.

That's why Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Express, Dream Weaver are available.

In my opinion, via + notepad are good for quick and dirty stuff ... but for long run ... consider professional IDE editor. (save time and money)

cheers