Topic: [Request mod/extension] PunBB Mobile

Hello Guys
I need a mod or extension for mobile devive, cna help me??
Bye

Re: [Request mod/extension] PunBB Mobile

That makes very little sense. Be implicit when describing what you are wanting. It's not too much to ask for a usable description.

I think he thought on an extension what makes punbb viewable also on cell phones... But I think nowadays the most of the cell phones support simple html/xhtml pages, so punbb is viewable already... now I am posting from a SE W890i f.e. ...

jacofan wrote:

I think he thought on an extension what makes punbb viewable also on cell phones... But I think nowadays the most of the cell phones support simple html/xhtml pages, so punbb is viewable already... now I am posting from a SE W890i f.e. ...

If that's what he means, everything I've heard so far also points to it working fine, as a rule, with mobile devices in it's default state.

IMHO that's about a light-weight theme to be used when viewing on devices with small screen. Mentioned in here: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/123010/#p123010

MattF wrote:
jacofan wrote:

If that's what he means, everything I've heard so far also points to it working fine, as a rule, with mobile devices in it's default state.

It's no true, My forum not show with Windows mobile 6.0 on mobile device.

maybe i will wait the release of PunBB 2.0

fantasma wrote:

wow, then you have to wait pretty much, I think big_smile
since 2003 this is only the 1.3 version of punbb...

fantasma wrote:
MattF wrote:

It's no true, My forum not show with Windows mobile 6.0 on mobile device.

Useful to know for future reference. Just on a slight tangent, is it specifically your forum that looks a bit iffy on that device, or Pun in virgin form, (i.e: no CSS or other tweaks/alterations), also?

Posting from an iphone is frustrating because when you press "done" after writing a reply, the screen jumps right up to the top of the screen. You then have to scroll all the way back down to press "submit" sad

fantasma wrote:

I think this idea is not so good...

Parpalak wrote:
fantasma wrote:

I think this idea is not so good...

hahahahah!!! sure!!!! But have solutions for PunBB mobile now??!! yes or NOt?

Right now - no.
But it's not as hard to create a light style for 1.3 containing only necessary information. It should be good enough for pda.

Parpalak wrote:

Right now - no.
But it's not as hard to create a light style for 1.3 containing only necessary information. It should be good enough for pda.

Yes ok but the style must change in automatic when mobile browser is detected, it's possible?

fantasma wrote:

Yes ok but the style must change in automatic when mobile browser is detected, it's possible?

Yes, it is. It can be done via "HTTP_USER_AGENT" key of $_SERVER array.

Slavok wrote:
fantasma wrote:

Yes, it is. It can be done via "HTTP_USER_AGENT" key of $_SERVER array.

And this should be done as an extension.

ok so i will wait the theme and the extension. I don't know how do it.

18 (edited by Wolverines 2009-06-08 21:11)

I requested this style ~9 months ago tongue

http://punbb.informer.com/trac/ticket/139

Sorry for my english :)

That's what media="handheld" is for with stylesheets. Just add another style entry specifically for handhelds to the head section of the page.

I've tested how PunBB looks at small screens. Seems like it's Ok.

What exactly do you expect from a style or extension for mobile devices?

1) try OperaMini -- forum looks really weird on that one;

2) on "regular" browsers: left column takes up too much space -- should be either narrower, or that info should be put above message text. Some unnecessary info should probably be removed.

8k84 wrote:

2) on "regular" browsers: left column takes up too much space -- should be either narrower, or that info should be put above message text. Some unnecessary info should probably be removed.

That's merely personal preference|opinion.

Discussion board is about personal opinions, is it not? Or you're implying that I'm not entitled to have one?

Parpalak wrote:

What exactly do you expect from a style or extension for mobile devices?

General idea is that forum (all views of it -- index, forum, topic, etc.) should fit into 320pixel-wide screen (at most) without horizontal scrolling.

Something like this one would be great: http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/6402

8k84 wrote:

Discussion board is about personal opinions, is it not? Or you're implying that I'm not entitled to have one?

You know full well that is not what I'm implying. However, your personal layout preferences have no place in an extension request thread either. The O.P is requesting something that does not exist in pure form. You are suggesting something which you should be altering yourself to fit your needs. That is why it is called styling.