Topic: Show recent posts

In PunBb 1.2.x there used to be a "show recent posts" link pointing to /search.php?action=show_24h

Is there an easy way to reinstate it?

Re: Show recent posts

In PunBB 1.3, the "show recent posts" link is "<FORUM_URL>/search.php?action=show_recent". To display the link in a header, study the code of "<FORUM_ROOT>/header.php" (lines 197-206). If you need some help, post your questions here.

Thanks Slavok. i would have liked to include the link with the "New posts" "Active topics" and "Unanswered topics" ones but I figured that this would either need a hack or a plugin so - the easiest way was to add it in the general menu using the utility in Administration > Settings  > Setup > Enter your links

Thanks again.

colak wrote:

In PunBb 1.2.x there used to be a "show recent posts" link pointing to /search.php?action=show_24h

I didn't get the difference between this function in 1.2 and "Active topics" in 1.3.

Hi Parpalak,

i guess the 1.2.x url explains it AND yes you are right. Slavok pointed the url to me and did not think  about the "active topics" connection.

I guess t define the differences between "Active topics" and "action=show_24h" you will need to tell me what "Active topics" does and I can tell you about "action=show_24h"

Both these links perform the query, which will return posts, that have been written in the last 24 hours. Sorry, I have misdirected you.