1 (edited by 8bitbubsy 2009-07-29 16:14)

Topic: [REQUEST] Forum Encryption

So... I'm having this forum with some *ahem* special information, and I don't want the webhost owner to have the ability to leech the SQL database and read the posts...

Any way to make *every* PMs, signatures, posts (etc) encrypted? If not, any other smart ideas to make the information hidden?

Thanks. smile

Re: [REQUEST] Forum Encryption

You can encrypt everything, with a lot of work, but it will be useless - the webhost will always be able to access the original data. If you want to protect your data from your webhost, you need to host your website yourself, from a computer nobody else can physically access.

What he said.

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … on-boards/

There might also be some info in that post that you find useful for confidential discussions&stuff... Even though I was more interested in having conversations that only members can read and no-one else.

Best/most expensive option is to have your own server in a secure building. But I'm guessing that's out of your budget...

KeyDog wrote:

Best/most expensive option is to have your own server in a secure building. But I'm guessing that's out of your budget...

Not only "best" and "most expensive", but also "the only functional".