1 (edited by Ishimaru Chiaki 2009-09-12 10:51)

Topic: [solved] Upgrade 1.3.2 => 1.3.4

Hello.

I have a local forum and a live forum who run both under PunBB 1.3.x.  I installed them last winder for style demo after I had a style request.
On the same time, I was board admin on a paid host service for already one year.  But during the winter, the host admin have vanished and the domain expired, leaving us staff outside.  So I decided to gather them on one of my four live test boards (phpBB2, phpBB3, PunBB 1.3.2 and Connectix Boards).  The other ex-board admin chose PunBB, so we the eight refugee staff members met up on the PunBB forum and we first decided to close registration after the last of the 8 refugees registered.
Then recently, we voted to reopen the forum to new registrants, so other people we knew on other boards can join us.

And so, I switched the style back to the default one (up to now, I was using the style I made for the request) and I would like to make a new one.

But before all of that, I want to upgrade both forums (the local one and the live one - the only extension installed on both of them is the pun_repository), and since I'm two versions backwards, I have a few questions :
- Does the "changed files only" archive includes the database update script ?
- If not (for the previous question) and if I have to use the full pack, do I have to upgrade to 1.3.3, then upgrade to 1.3.4, or I just need the 1.3.4 pack ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Ishimaru

Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS / Windows XP SP2
GIMP 2.6.8 (advanced), Inkscape (newbie)
XHTML/CSS (advanced), PHP/MySQL (medium)
Don't ask what free software can do for you, but what you can do for free software.

Re: [solved] Upgrade 1.3.2 => 1.3.4

Anyone ?

Don't ask what free software can do for you, but what you can do for free software.

bump

Parpalak wrote:

The only way to update the forum from 1.3.x to 1.3.(x+1) is to upload new files manually (see the wiki installation page). Admin panel can only display an alert when a new version of forum is released.

So probably manually to 1.3.3 then to 1.3.4 would work for sure.
You might as well just apply hotfixes though as no essential new features are in 1.3.4 compared to 1.3.2 and security is fixed with hotfixes....

Hello.

I'm sorry for not having given news.  I had put these works on my punbb forum under "standbye" while me and my refugee members were trying to contact a group of victims of another host, but since our attempts failed (post completely ignored by the group), I came back to work on my punbb forum.

So, I finally downloaded the 1.3.2-to-1.3.4 changed files only and I finally found the update database file.  So, I finally did the upgrade, first on my local board, then on the live board, without any problem finally.

I preferred the upgrade instead of hotfixes, because I wanted to work with an updated Oxygen style since there were a lot of CSS fixes, and I'm not sure the hotfixes would have corrected the style.
And I also updated the style I already began to work on, using the 1.3.2-to-1.3.4 hdiff page.

Thanks for the help anyway. smile

Ishimaru