1 (edited by Vanslyde 2009-08-26 06:28)

Topic: Customizing punbb board menus with different colors

Hello,

Does anyone have any leads or tips on how to have 3 different colors for these 3 board menus?
Where to separate the board menus and what files would be affected?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/indiequebec/forumboardmenus.gif

Thanks

Re: Customizing punbb board menus with different colors

Yep... Go to forums/style/imports/indiequebec_cs.css

Change this

/* 1.3 Main headers and navigation bar background and text colour */

.pun H2, #brdmenu {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

to this

/* 1.3 Main headers and navigation bar background and text colour */

/* Main Menu At Top */
#brdmenu {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

/* Left Menu */
.pun #left H2 {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

/* Right Menu */
.pun #main H2 {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

Of course you will need to create new images and change the filenames wink

3 (edited by Vanslyde 2009-08-26 06:27)

Thank you so much StevenBullen

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/indiequebec/forumboardmenusv20.gif
Ahem, this is NOT the actual colors I wanted ; ) but I'm posting this pic just to show the possible ouput of this 2 minutes fix.

I modified the title of this thread with a few extra words so if anyone is searching to do the same thing hopefully they'll likely end up here.

Thanks!

Hi again

I just want to add that while the solution works perfectly, there is a notable downside to it. Oddly enough you might loose the color or design in the Redirection page which is displayed for a few moments right after you post.

In that very case that table's header wouldn't show blue, pink or purple but blank white. : \

Vanslyde wrote:

Hi again

I just want to add that while the solution works perfectly, there is a notable downside to it. Oddly enough you might loose the color or design in the Redirection page which is displayed for a few moments right after you post.

In that very case that table's header wouldn't show blue, pink or purple but blank white. : \

I can fix that when I get a chance mate. wink

The redirection page is generated in the function "redirect" of the file "<FORUM_ROOT>/include/functions.php". This template "<FORUM_ROOT>include/template/redirect.tpl" is used for this page.

The following will sort out the redirect page. wink

#punredirect H2 {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

8 (edited by Vanslyde 2009-09-04 05:51)

StevenBullen wrote:

The following will sort out the redirect page. wink

#punredirect H2 {COLOR: #FFF; background-image: url(../../img/smilies/ground3.gif);}

Thanks! yes, it did the trick. smile

However I'd like to learn how/where to identify such #anyitem H2 that I'd have to specify in my _cs.css file

Because by using this code, it turns out that all "tables headers" in my Admin Panel also lacks their colors/designs... as well as in my Calendar, which is a bigger deal because it's "public".

Q- Do you guys know how I could pinpoint/find straight ahead which #findme H2 should be defined in my *_cs.css file so I could define them all the way I want them to be?