1 (edited by tbint 2009-07-23 17:40)

Topic: add text link to brd-navlinks <ul> (solved)

I don't know my way around php so good yet, but I have been looking through these files (PunBB 1.3.4) and can not find how the links in the div ID brd-navlinks <ul> get there. I just wanted to add a link back to the index of the main website of my domain. Like the PunBB next to index. I could muttle through it if I just knew were. I'm going to keep looking but if someone could point it out to me then I won't kill my board.

cheers

Re: add text link to brd-navlinks <ul> (solved)

You can add links in the section "Add your own links to the main navigation menu" at the page  "<FORUM_URL>admin/settings.php?section=setup".

Well I'm dumber then a box of rocks.

thanks slavok
cheers

How can one add links  to be seen by signed-in users only?

gplans wrote:

How can one add links  to be seen by signed-in users only?

The place where navlinks are generated is the function "generate_navlinks" (lines 413-469 of "<FORUM_ROOT>/include/functions.php").
This peace of code is used to determine whether the user is authorized or not

if (!$forum_user['is_guest'])
{
   //Your code here
}

You could use the "fn_generate_navlinks_end" hook. See the pun_pm code as an example.

What if I want to remove "user list" from the header? How would I got about that?

You can manipulate this using the "Allow users to view the user list and user profiles." option on the manage group permissions page.

Slavok wrote:

You can manipulate this using the "Allow users to view the user list and user profiles." option on the manage group permissions page.

Thank you way easier than I thought this would be.