1 (edited by NettiCat 2009-09-26 12:55)

Topic: Enabling the feature 'User has posted' causes severe error

If the  feature 'User has posted' is enabled and a logged-in (!) user tries to enter/view one of the configured forums, the PunBB will stop with an error (you cannot view the forum list as registered user). Enabling debug mode via config.php shows the following details:

The error occurred on line 116 in D:\Programme\Apache\htdocs\forum\viewforum.php
Database reported: SQL logic error or missing database (Errno: 1)

Unchecking the 'User has posted'  feature will fix the issue again.
I also verified the problem with a fresh installation and database, however the problem might be related to the sqlite database only!

This has already been reported several times here, but still no fix could be found - and I unfortunately did not find the appropriate bug reports.

My environment:
Windows XP,
PHP version 5.3.0
SQLite version 2.8.17
PunBB version 1.3

***A bug report is great, a patch is divine.***

Re: Enabling the feature 'User has posted' causes severe error

Thanks for reporting. We will investigate this problem.

This issue has already been reported. It's because sqlite doesn't fully support subqueries.

If it's possible to avoid the subquery without a performance decrease, we'll do it.

Parpalak wrote:

This issue has already been reported. It's because sqlite doesn't fully support subqueries.

If it's possible to avoid the subquery without a performance decrease, we'll do it.

I think at least there should be a distinct warning note associated with the option.
Unknowingly I enabled it after installation.
I needed a whole day to find that the problems are related to this option!
Other users might not be that patient and may decide to uninstall PunBB if the problem cannot be solved in a reasonable time.

You are right. We'll see what we can do.