Topic: Arabic language Problem

Hi I'm new here
Thanx to every one has worked on Punbb
I just installed Punbb 1.3.4  it seems good but I have a bit problem
I included the Arabic language pack to Lang file before uploading i could see the choice of Arabic while installing but gave an error, and still not working even I set it from the settings
Any help?
Thanx in advance

Re: Arabic language Problem

Post here the error message, please.

Hi Slavok
The error was when  installing so I continued in English, but the problem now how to switsh to Arabic the choice in the sitting appears but doesn't work, every thing is still English

• Make sure that the Arabic language pack  is placed in the lang folder ("<FORUM_ROOT>/lang/Arabic")

• Make sure that the file common.php exists in the directory ("<FORUM_ROOT>/lang/Arabic/common.php").

Hi Slavok I just checked theme  the common.php is included in  the Arabic file which is  beside the English one, but I have noted that the English file contains much more files than the Arabic, is it normal?
This's the forum        http://ifadah.co.cc
Thanx for answering back

It means that your language pack is incomplete. By the way, you can open and edit these files in a text editor that supports UTF-8 encoding.

Hi Parpalak maybe that's. I got this one
http://punbb.informer.com/download/lang … Arabic.zip
But seems like doesn't work with 1.3.4

So is there another Arabic language pack which matches PunBB 1.3.4?

9 (edited by Ifadah 2009-09-30 06:17)

I got the PunBB translator ,and am working on upgrading the Arabic language pack for 1.2 V to 1.3.4 V
So just few days to test it on my new forum then will upload it here.
Thanx to Slavok and Parpalak

Ifadah wrote:

So just few days to test it on my new forum then will upload it here.

It will be great! Add your lang pack to the Wiki, please.

11 (edited by Ifadah 2009-09-30 14:57)

Hi
I'm facing a problem hmm ,  I uploaded the Arabic folder to my site in its right direct, but is still not working.
The Arabic letters appear like codes,and the page has become too wide, you may check that here  http://ifadah.co.cc/  I left it as it is just to see.
Note: I used Puntranslator by option (Upgrading old language files)
And I selected  the  English folder of 1.3.4V as a (English Lang Folder
) , and the Arabic folder of 1.2 V as a ( Local Lang Folder
) then I translated every thing except the Admin's sections (That I will work on later)
Well another note I found 2 files extra in the resultant folder (are: prof_reg.php & register.php) So I deleted them (also I tested before deleting but doesn't work eather)
Haha too long way >>>>>>>>I need help
Thanx in advance

12 (edited by Parpalak 2009-10-01 09:07)

Seems like your lang files do not UTF-8 encoded. You have to use a text editor that supports UTF-8. (I prefer to use Notepad++.)

Edit:

By the way, what Puntranslator do you use? I'm not sure it's compatible with PunBB 1.3.

I use PunTranslator 1.1.2
Is there another version? And should I retranslate every thing again?
I will be grateful if you advise me a way to avoid the retranslating.Thanx

It's for PunBB 1.2. PunBB 1.3 lang files differ from 1.2. The best way you can do the translation is to edit these files manually in a simple text editor that supports UTF-8. They have very simple structure, see an example. Ctrl + C and Ctlr + V will help to avoid starting again.

Well I'll try with Notebad++ Thank you Parpalak

Make sure that the Arabic language pack  is placed in the lang folder ("<FORUM_ROOT>/lang/Arabic")

Hi Pariswatches, the problem was in UTF-8. I'm about to finish the translation(Including the Admin's sections).
Thanx.

18 (edited by Ifadah 2009-10-06 06:39)

Hi people.
I think the UTF-8's problem has been solved, because the letters appear clearly, but the page is still getting too wide.
Any idea  to solve it?

Please, post a screenshot.

20 (edited by Ifadah 2009-10-06 09:53)

You may check it here http://ifadah.co.cc/
If you use Firefox will see the page too wide, and with IE8 will see it less wide but the words are not in its right places.
Thanx.

Are you sure you have the last PunBB?

Is everything Ok when the language is set to English?

Send me, please, your language pack (my e-mail: roman@informer.com), or post it somewhere. I'll try to test it on my PunBB installation.

22 (edited by Ifadah 2009-10-07 09:59)

Yes everything is okay when language being set to English, but I deleted the English pack, because the Arabic doesn't be set when I logon.
Any way I sent you the Arabic pack by E-mail.
Thank you.

This problem is somewhere in CSS. I don't know yet how to fix it. We'll try.

Meanwhile you can try to install FluxBB 1.3. The language pack fits that version, and forum looks a bit better.

Ifadah wrote:

the Arabic doesn't be set when I logon.

Every user may choose the language in his profile.

Do you mean the language that I translated fits FluxBB 1.3?

25 (edited by Ifadah 2009-10-07 19:19)

I just tested FluxBB 1.3 with that Arabic pack, does not work either, the same problems are still.
You may check http://ifadah.co.cc
Thanx.