Topic: Global timezone setting doesn't work - local settings does

As the title says, no matter what global setting I set for time zone, the forum just displays the server time. But individual user setting of time zone seems to work fine. Any ideas here?

Re: Global timezone setting doesn't work - local settings does

The global setting is for guests. It's also copied to the local setting when a user registers. If a user is logged in, his local timezone is more important than the global one.

3 (edited by localhost 2009-10-08 10:34)

Parpalak wrote:

The global setting is for guests. It's also copied to the local setting when a user registers. If a user is logged in, his local timezone is more important than the global one.

Okay. So it is not possible to override local settings?

- Edit: -
But still the global setting should be possible to adjust.. in this case it is not.

localhost wrote:

So it is not possible to override local settings?

From admin panel - no. You can do it in a SQL query.

localhost wrote:

But still the global setting should be possible to adjust.. in this case it is not.

I didn't get what the case. You can change the global setting, then logout and see that the time of posts has been changed.

Parpalak wrote:
localhost wrote:

I didn't get what the case. You can change the global setting, then logout and see that the time of posts has been changed.

Okay, I see now what you mean. Thanks a lot.