Topic: pun_moderator_add_user

hello my friends,
I`m discovering punBB forums (looks easy and light) but still got missing one function. Please tell me is it possible to modify pun_admin_add_user and extend adding users function also for `moderators` not only `forum admin` or just change it for 'moderators' only??
I tried to do that with some simple copy paste modification but didn`t work:(

best regards

Re: pun_moderator_add_user

Moderator's functions are related with editing posts, forums, users profiles, etc, not with adding new users. That is why copy/pasting didn't work.
It can be a special permission for user groups.

Slavok wrote:

Moderator's functions are related with editing posts, forums, users profiles, etc, not with adding new users. That is why copy/pasting didn't work.
It can be a special permission for user groups.

Roger that.
So what can I do if I would give to my moderators permission for adding new users? I thought there is some simple condition in xml file where changing 'group_id' from current '1'(admin) to '4'(moderator) could fix my problem [because my moderators have more time to verify and add so in fact I dont need adding for me], unfortunately I was wrong:(

You need to replace the constant FORUM_ADMIN with '4' in maxnifest.xml. This worked for me.
Also I've updated the extension a bit. You can get the latest version in SVN.

Slavok wrote:

You need to replace the constant FORUM_ADMIN with '4' in maxnifest.xml. This worked for me.

Thank you for new version and advice. Now all works perfect for me:)

BTW I discovered several times error:
Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: #07000(proxy) all backends are down

and this description is not simple enough for me. Does 07000error means that there: is too many connections, server is too slow, too much records in database? How can I solve this rare but tiresome problem?

Slavok wrote:

Googd info there, thanks I'm playing around with PunBB...