Topic: What's manifest.xml?

How does manifest.xml work? I remove it and nothing happens. What should I do to make changes in there known to the forum?

Re: What's manifest.xml?

If you develop an extension, you can uninstall the extension and then install it again. If you have modified an extension at working forum, you can't uninstall it because the associated data in DB will be deleted. It's better to increase the version of the extension (for example, 1.4.6 => 1.4.6.1, then 1.4.6.2 and so on) and to upgrade it.

We have the pun_admin_manage_extensions_improved extension for developers that allows to refresh hooks without reinstalling.

Parpalak wrote:

We have the pun_admin_manage_extensions_improved extension for developers that allows to refresh hooks without reinstalling.

Okay, you mean if I install this particular extension I don't have to reinstall each time I debug something, I just have to click the Refresh-the-hooks button.

Yes.

5 (edited by Amelotti 2009-10-28 06:56)

No. I've deleted or ruined the manifest, refreshed the hooks, and everything still works as if the system didn't know the changes were made. What's the deal? How does it work?

My mistake, i found the prob, it works.