1 (edited by The_Fiddler 2009-11-22 02:07)

Topic: Random can't write cache errors

I would say once a week I go to visit a forum I run and get an error message that I can't write to the cache directory. I go an have a look and the permissions are 777. I have no choice but to empty the cache folder and all is well again for about another week.

Re: Random can't write cache errors

After what actions did this problem appear?

3 (edited by The_Fiddler 2009-12-07 08:53)

Slavok wrote:

After what actions did this problem appear?

It started doing it after moving hosts. I moved my hosting to the parent company of my old host. I notice it does it every weekend.

What is the version of your Forum? Have you any hotfixes installed?

Slavok wrote:

What is the version of your Forum? Have you any hotfixes installed?

PunBB 1.3.4 There are no hotfixes to apply.

I installed a fresh forum in another location to see if it also suffers from this issue. I will find out I guess next weekend. That way I have the current forum with all posts etc and another forum that has just been installed and has no posts etc (a virgin).

6 (edited by The_Fiddler 2009-12-19 02:06)

Well there we go like clock work. I am now assuming it is host related, but suggestions on what it may be would be handy. It has done it to both forums.

The test forum error:

Unable to write updates cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it).

The non test forum error:

Unable to write updates cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

The error occurred on line 389 in /home/vcommodo/public_html/forum/include/cache.php