Topic: RSS Importer

I'm finally tired of Vbulletin, and am seriously looking at PunBB...  One feature that I use on the forums in VB is the ability to setup a RSS import from news.google.com, etc. that will automatically post a thread...

is this possible in PunBB? and what is required to make this work?

Thanks in advance -

Re: RSS Importer

Hi. There is Feed Aggregator 1.0.3 by mannungo  smile

falconflyz wrote:

Hi. There is Feed Aggregator 1.0.3 by mannungo  smile

Doesnt work for me

That looks like an old format (plugins) vs. extension. It would be great if someone were able to make it a usable extension with punbb 1.3

is there any new formator bversion of Feed Aggregator available?

I have not found one yet.

Hey, I also moved from VB to Punbb and have no regrets. Feed aggregator doesn't work for me either but it's no big deal really.

Same here -- Feed aggregation would be nice for one forum "Current News" that would create a new thread for each item in the feed -- so people can discuss it below.

It's the only "feature" that other forums support fairly well that I don't see punBB supporting in recent releases.

I am really new here - my vbulletin admin left the team and we are considering moving to punbb as well.
Two years ago we had outgrown phpbb and though vbulletin was the way, but the site is impossible to manage, with all the customizations we need in place. Importing RSS would be nice...

Magpie is the library that makes RSS importing simple.
Does anyone want to work on this extension together?