Re: pun_poll

i am also confirming the problem. admin can edit the thread (first post). user gets this error when tries to edit the first post. i had to disabled the ext.

rajuru wrote:

i am also confirming the problem. admin can edit the thread (first post). user gets this error when tries to edit the first post. i had to disabled the ext.

Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.6.

Slavok wrote:
rajuru wrote:

Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.6.

Users can now edit their posts but there's a new bug in creating polls.
If I change  'Number of poll options ' from 2 to 4 and click 'update poll', it creates the new thread instead of allowing me to finish adding poll options.
So 'update poll' actually does 'start topic' now. (sorry for my bad English..I hope I was clear).

Thanks for the bug report! Fixed in pun_poll 1.1.7.

Slavok, in the 1.1.7 version I'm observing bug which I have reported before. And the behavior is absolutely same. Could you have a look, please smile

Whater Soer wrote:

Slavok, in the 1.1.7 version I'm observing bug which I have reported before. And the behavior is absolutely same. Could you have a look, please smile

Thanks! The bug fixed in [1432].
Also the bug repoted here fixed. pun_poll 1.1.8 has been released.

57 (edited by 8k84 2009-12-08 23:05)

Two things:

1) can't edit text of the first message (changes are not applied);
2) Admin panel option "Enable revoting ... Allow vote change." when checked is not applied to a new poll.

P.S.
3) Extra question mark is added after the question.

Thanks for reporting, we will fix this bugs.

59 (edited by Radovar 2009-12-16 12:55)

Bug: If the field 'votes count' had a value, and I change it's value to empty string, I get an error.

Also, it will be good to allow null votes.

Radovar wrote:

Bug: If the field 'votes count' had a value, and I change it's value to empty string, I get an error.

Thanks for reporting. We will fix this.

Radovar wrote:

Also, it will be good to allow null votes.

What do you mean by "null votes"?

I mean a button that shows results without voting, and after click on this button, user can't vote in this poll.

8k84 wrote:

Two things:

2) Admin panel option "Enable revoting ... Allow vote change." when checked is not applied to a new poll.

I can't reproduce these bugs. Could you please post more instructions on how to reproduce them?

Slavok wrote:
8k84 wrote:

Two things:

I can't reproduce these bugs. Could you please post more instructions on how to reproduce them?

Is there a chance he is using version 1.1.5 which had similar bugs?

The pun_poll 1.1.9 extension has been released. The bug reported by Radovar was fixed.

Hello All,
I'm trying to use punBB 1.3.4 with the poll extension. I downloaded and installed pun poll 1.1.9 through the extension manager. It appeared to install OK but I'm getting errors when trying to use it.

I turned on debugging and the error reads:

The error occurred on line 36 in /var/.../header.php(302) : eval()'d code

Database reported: ERROR: column "rganswers.answer" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function .

Any help here is appreciated and thaks for a great app!

What DB have you used at your site?

Slavok wrote:

What DB have you used at your site?

Thanks for the reply! I'm running Postgresql 8.0.8.

Hello,
Can you kindly make it (the poll options in quick reply  and reply page) collapsible by default (can be configurable too by admin). It will make posting/replying more comfortable.

rajuru wrote:

Hello,
Can you kindly make it (the poll options in quick reply  and reply page) collapsible by default (can be configurable too by admin). It will make posting/replying more comfortable.

Thanks for the idea. We will think about it.

The pun_poll 1.1.10 extension has been released. Changes from the previous version:

• added encoding of html entities in the poll answers list.

Slavok wrote:
rajuru wrote:

Hello,

did u think about it ? smile

teplancon wrote:

Hello All,
I'm trying to use punBB 1.3.4 with the poll extension. I downloaded and installed pun poll 1.1.9 through the extension manager. It appeared to install OK but I'm getting errors when trying to use it.

I turned on debugging and the error reads:

The error occurred on line 36 in /var/.../header.php(302) : eval()'d code

Database reported: ERROR: column "rganswers.answer" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function .

Any help here is appreciated and thaks for a great app!

Hi,

I have the same error with pun_poll 1.1.10 and punBB 1.3.4 running with PostgreSQL.
I encountered 2 errors exactly:

Index: manifest.xml
===================================================================
--- manifest.xml    (révision 1592)
+++ manifest.xml    (copie de travail)
@@ -688,7 +688,6 @@
                         'SELECT'    =>    'id, answer',
                         'FROM'        =>    'answers',
                         'WHERE'        =>    'topic_id = '.$id,
-                        'GROUP BY'    =>    'id',
                         'ORDER BY'    =>    'id ASC'
                     );
                     $result_pun_poll = $forum_db->query_build($query_pun_poll) or error(__FILE__, __LINE__);
@@ -745,7 +744,7 @@
                                 )
                             ),
                             'WHERE'        =>    'a.topic_id='.$id,
-                            'GROUP BY'    =>    'a.id',
+                            'GROUP BY'    =>    'a.id, answer',
                             'ORDER BY'    =>    'a.id'
                         );
                         $result_pun_poll = $forum_db->query_build($query_pun_poll) or error(__FILE__, __LINE__);
@@ -901,4 +900,4 @@
             }
         ]]></hook>
     </hooks>
-</extension>
\ No newline at end of file
+</extension>

GROUP BY is useless in the first query, so I removed it and added 'answer' to the GROUP BY clause in the second query.

Charly.

rajuru wrote:
Slavok wrote:
rajuru wrote:

Hello,

did u think about it ? smile

I'd like to second this recommendation.  The default takes up too much space, especially when most people won't create a poll.

If anything, can you provide a hook to collapse/expand that DIV?

* bump *

Any word on making it collapsible?

* bump x 2 *

Any word?  I could try tackling this myself, but it'd be more of a hack than a hook.   smile