Topic: Using PunBB HTML/CSS with another forum software's code?

Hi,

I'm an ExpressionEngine user and I also love the look and feel of PunBB. Unfortunately I can't use both as it's my understanding that it would just be too difficult to create a bridge between the two so that a PunBB forum could be used on an ExpressionEngine install so that when members are logged into the ExpressionEngine install, they would also be logged into the forum.

So, my question is, would I be in some sort of copyright violation if I were to borrow the HTML/CSS behind PunBB and just merge the ExpressionEngine tag system into the PunBB layouts? I have no problem adding credit links saying where I got the code, etc. but I wanted to ensure I'm not stepping on any toes before even attempting it (may turn out to be more trouble than it's worth anyway).

Thanks.

Re: Using PunBB HTML/CSS with another forum software's code?

If you use some part of PunBB, you should include copyright-related messages in your files.

Re: Using PunBB HTML/CSS with another forum software's code?

Thank you. My plan was to include all copyright messages for PunBB. Definitely don't have a problem doing that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't infringing on the copyright by doing that.

Thanks again!