1 (edited by z0rglub 2004-05-01 09:04)

Topic: PhpWebGallery support forum

Hi,

My forum has been running :

- PhpBB 2 : April 2002 ==> March 2003
- IPB : March 2003 to ==> April 2004
- punBB since April 2004

This is a support forum for a web application called PhpWebGallery "PhpWebGallery is a web application that enables you to create images gallery online easily."

Official website phpwebgallery.net
Official forum forum.phpwebgallery.net

Users do not completely agree with my choice. They find punBB quite poor :-/ But I really prefer it than the preceding ones ! I told them I would maybe convert to phpBB 2.2 when it's available but I really hope they will learn to appreciate punBB as I do.

Re: PhpWebGallery support forum

Great choice in my opinion :P

And I see that the converter works fine too :)

Chacmool wrote:

And I see that the converter works fine too :)

As debated in the "Mod Release" forum, you know that I used a converter from IPB to phpBB (modified by myself) and then your converter from phpBB to punBB (also a bit modified). I've retrieved all what I needed.

cool smile Quite a busy forum I see...

If I were you, I would tinker with the template file in PunBB so that you get the header from the rest of you pages in the forums as well. Also, why not make a custom style that has the same colors as the rest of the site?

BTW, nice gallery script :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

If I were you, I would tinker with the template file in PunBB so that you get the header from the rest of you pages in the forums as well. Also, why not make a custom style that has the same colors as the rest of the site?

I've tried but I quickly realised that all tag classes were not really separated and it became a bit more complicated than what I thought. I may modify all this in a while :-)

Rickard wrote:

BTW, nice gallery script :)

better still .... integrate gallery with PunBB ..

Just a suggestion ..