Topic: Empty subscription e-mails

Hi,

today i recognized, if i (as the admin) subscribe to a topic, i will receive an notice e-mail, but it is completely blank. Other registered users who subscribe to a topic get no e-mail at all.

First i thought of permission problems of the mail templates within punBB, but as i am able to register as a new user that will receive a proper e-mail (the mail template has the same permissions on the server) i dropped that.

Any suggestions where to look at? PunBB Version is 1.3.4, German Language Pack, latest pun_antispam extension enabled.

Thanks in advance.
felic

Re: Empty subscription e-mails

felic wrote:

Other registered users who subscribe to a topic get no e-mail at all.

This is not the case. Was a simply server delay. Nonetheless, the subscription e-mail is empty too.

I have the exact same problem.

Everything except reply-email and reply-name is empty, including subject and message.

I am using the german translation, too. Thus, it might be a localization issue.

Best regards, bmaker

open the templates that don't work in pspad or equivalent and then save as  UTF-8
also check in the bottom right hand side of pspad whether the template giving you trouble is currently ANSI - if it's ANSI the solution should be UFT-8

no coding ansi and utf-8 are not equivalent

go to format in pspad and change to uft-8 then save

simple as hell

6 (edited by bmaker 2010-03-01 18:33)

cd lang/German/mail_templates

file *
> activate_email.tpl:    ISO-8859 text, with very long lines
> activate_password.tpl: ISO-8859 text
> form_email.tpl:        ISO-8859 text
> index.html:            HTML document text
> new_reply_full.tpl:    ISO-8859 text
> new_reply.tpl:         UTF-8 Unicode text
> welcome.tpl:           UTF-8 Unicode text

recode latin1..utf-8 activate_email.tpl activate_password.tpl form_email.tpl new_reply_full.tpl

file *
> activate_email.tpl:    UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines
> activate_password.tpl: UTF-8 Unicode text
> form_email.tpl:        UTF-8 Unicode text
> index.html:            HTML document text
> new_reply_full.tpl:    UTF-8 Unicode text
> new_reply.tpl:         UTF-8 Unicode text
> welcome.tpl:           UTF-8 Unicode text

Yes, simple as hell...

But it works, so... thank you very much for your patience with me.  smile

// EDIT:
Nontheless it would be appropriate to recode the german language files that are downloadable at the main page. Last update seems to be from 2005... hmm

bmaker wrote:

Nontheless it would be appropriate to recode the german language files that are downloadable at the main page. Last update seems to be from 2005..

There's a zip with 1.3.4 - that was last year.... but true in principle, I think anyone can upload to the wiki....

PS: Don't delete posts, edit them to being empty if you're ashamed ! Looks like I'm talking to myself otherwise.... and thanks for the list of which files are bad...

A big thanks from me also.

Finally i recoded the mail templates and it fix the behaviour sometime before recognizing the follow ups of this thread.

Meanwhile the current german language pack for 1.3.4 fits perfectly.

Again, thanks a lot
felic