Topic: Users can't register - email error

I've uploaded a forum to our website (which has MYSQL enabled) - forum address is http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/forums/index.php, I can sign up members with an @sateuropa.co.uk domain, but when I put in anyother email domain like sam123@hotmail.com it shows this message:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 551 Bad Recipient in D:\home\Default\sateuropa.co.uk\htdocs\forums\include\email.php on line 105

Myself and my developer can't seem to get our heads round this. Can anyone provide a solution?

Many thanks, Simon

Re: Users can't register - email error

Seems like you use a custom SMTP server. Could you check the log for error messages?

And if your server can send e-mails via a local mail program, you do not have to specify an SMTP server at all.

I don't know how to check for error messages....
Anything I can change in the set-up?

Try to make empty all fields connected to "SMTP" at the "Administration » Settings » E-mail" page.

If this doesn't help, ask your histing support about e-mail sending from scripts.

Have tried empty and with friends email details, getting this message:
An error was encountered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't get mail server response codes. Please contact the forum administrator.

Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it).

and

An error was encountered

Could not connect to smtp host "smtp.gmail.com:ipodtouch1964" () ().

Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it).

Also how do I stop the blocking of me registerring from with the same IP within the hour? Making it hard to test. Many thanks

My mail sending issues are now resolved, by changing the mail settings. Thanks

wat will i do if error occure......