Topic: How to set a title on index?

I want to set a specific title on my index page which includes a short description of the forum. (For SEO-purpose, want it to look good in google's search index)

How do I set a specific title on the root page, the index page of my forum?

Re: How to set a title on index?

I'm new to this software, but I would put something meaningful in the "Board description" under "Settings". Also under "Settings" you will find "Announcements. This has two parts to it, heading and message. You can use one part for board description and the other for announcements or whatever you want. I looked with a text browser and both "Board description" and "Announcements" are at the top, so Google will pick it up right away. Google will also see the categories and forums on the index page. I would guess that the titles of those would be about as good for SEO as it gets.

Anyway, those are just my crazy ideas. smile I guess the very best way would be to add a proper meta tag. Perhaps in header.php, but that's getting way over my head at this point.

Do you mean the <title> tag? Or you want to add a custom text to the index page?

Yes I mean the <title> tag.

The <title> tag is set up in header.php, line 85. You can modify it.