Topic: Smilie icons in BBCode buttons extension

In configuring "Topic and post content" I have turned off "Convert smilies to small icons in posts." However when I installed the BBCode buttons extension, the smilie icons show up there. Is there a way I can remove them?

Re: Smilie icons in BBCode buttons extension

Ole Juul wrote:

Is there a way I can remove them?

No, there is no such possibility. The BBCode panel shows up for every topic.

Thank you Slavok for taking the time to reply to my question, but I don't quite understand. smile Yes, the BBCode panel shows up in every topic, just as it should, but so do the smilie icons! It is the smilie icons which I want to remove.

When I rename the /img/smilies directory then they do not show up in the BBCode panel. However, then I see the text equivalent which is not so bad. Still, I would like to remove them if possible.

Ole Juul wrote:

In configuring "Topic and post content" I have turned off "Convert smilies to small icons in posts." However when I installed the BBCode buttons extension, the smilie icons show up there. Is there a way I can remove them?

I've just released pun_bbcode 1.3.6. This version takes into account the smilies option.

Parpalak wrote:

I've just released pun_bbcode 1.3.6. This version takes into account the smilies option.

That sounds great! Where can I find it?

PS: I've honestly spent over an hour with google, your website, and the various PunBB/informer and subversion repositories so I'm starting to feel really stupid. smile

Well, I still can't find 1.3.6. However 1.3.4 is just great and I found the solution.

In case anybody else would like to do this, the styles.css file in the pun_bbcodes directory contains a line "div#pun_bbcode_bar .graphical div#pun_bbcode_smilies" and all that is necessary is to change "float: right;" to "display: none;". Simple solution, and I'm happy now. smile

I'm sorry, I didn't notice your post. All the official extensions can be downloaded via the official extensions page.

Parpalak wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't notice your post. All the official extensions can be downloaded via the official extensions page.

Oh now I get it! lol. The 1.3.6 is the version number of the EXTENSION. Like an idiot I thought it was the PunBB version. (blush) I'll have a look at that then.

I must say though, as I get to know this software I'm starting to like it more and more. Even for an amateur like me it is not difficult to get it to look the way I want. Thanks!

You're welcome smile