Re: Attachment Mod 1.0.1 by Frank H

Frank, thanks the code was a bit too early - didn't read the code thorough enough.. smile

Hmm. rawurlencode makes every special charter as %-something.. It doesn't look good..

I'm decided to use the  _ to replace the gaps - it makes the filenames look "better", so the code would be:

$attach_filename = str_replace (" ", "_", $attach_filename);

But everyone does how they like it better.. wink

yep ... that's the beauty of it all wink

but I'm going to do a major rewrite as soon as the semester ends ... so I finally will have some "free" time ... I need to fix some of the things I don't like about it ... and finish the features I had planned from the beginning wink

skinmaker123 wrote:

can you make it upload the file to to my hosting(web space) not in sql

plz

thx

plzzzz

skinmaker123 wrote:

plzzzz

I won't answer it again...

omg thats all so hard!
Can someone give us a final code ?:)

thank you

wait ! big_smile

Frank can you upload your attachment mod somewhere else?
i can't reach your site for about a week.

or can you send me to my e-mail
djkrapan at rambler.ru

58 (edited by bobitt 2004-07-02 16:42)

cant reach it iether... plz find a new ftp or mail it to me erik_boberg@telia.com
GOD frank!! I need this mod, it is for the convinience of the students in my former school! plz help me and them get a better education by posting a new link to your mod or mailing it to me smile

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde

it's up again, downtime was due to electric failure while I was visiting my parents ... but I'm back now and servers up again ...

Sorry all for that!

(now I guess I need to start working on the next version ... or ... I'll recover from the 7 hour bus-trip first wink)

You are great man! Nice hacks!

thanks, just remember to fix the security things that was discovered, read first post in this thread.

I'll probably start the next version of the mod in a little while, has a project with higher prio (that I was supposed to finish before I went home a few weeks) ... that I need to do first, after that it's all attachment mod 2.0 wink

Frank H wrote:

I do have plans on updating the mod to support files to be saved on disk and thus only use the database for reference and file info. But I'm too occupied atm to think on it ...

Frank
I know you've been very busy but was wondering if you could just give me some guidance as to how this could be done (maybe I could modify or add some code if you told me how to do it) as my daily backups are getting bigger and bigger and...

Any hel appreciated...

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

well ... 2.0 will have it... but it's too much changes I would think to 'fix' a quick for this version ... and it will probably be a waste of time to try to do that ...

but if you know php and some knowledge about fileoperations ... I guess you can do it if you really really want to...

Frank i ve got a problem with your hack

all attach rules set to 238
but only admins and moderators can upload files,  when usual user upload file it doesnt say nothing but doesn't upload file (because i can't see it in Administration-Attachment) and doesn't show it in topic

when admin do it, it works fine

what version of the mod are you using?
have you installed the fixes that's listed in the first post of this thread?
make sure you have added all the steps in post.php, I know of a number of people that has missed steps and therefore not got it working properly.

it is fine now, i didn't set filesize for each forum. Now it is ok!
Sorry for bothering

np smile

Can't you fix so this mod works with the latest version of PunBB? (1.1.5)

All that you would need to do (probably) is change install_mod.php to accept the new version.

It should work on 1.1.5 aswell, just remember to add the bugfixes as said in the first post (and alter the install_mod.php so it can handle 1.1.5). The rowlines can be a bit off, but othervise I don't think anything should interference with it (I myself isn't at 1.1.5 yet, but I wasn't affected by that global bug either wink)

but test first on a fresh install or some copy of your existing forum ... as I cannot promise that it works (but I really think it should)

I will do a complete rewrite of it soon, but I will make it backward compatible (so old attachments can be converted to the new format)

Everything works just fine! smile

http://slan88.ath.cx/varg/forum/
It's in Swedish.

nice smile

and I hope you have added those bugfixes from first post in the thread aswell wink
(guests recognized as registered users roll ) wink

Oh, i totally forgot big_smile
But i've fixed it now, thanks for reminding! smile

np ... that bug is worth the reminder ... I'll see if I do a small upgrade on the mod so all bugs are fixed ... only thing is that the readme takes a long while to write wink

It's still working, considering Varg installed it on 1.1.5 just the other day ... the posts above yours wink

1.1.5 is the latest PunBB version ... you should probably upgrade, (defenetly if you have register globals on)

It's currently undergoing a major rewrite ... for 1.1.5 and I'm trying to make it easier to install (hey, that's not the easiest thing to do wink) and make it better suited to 1.2 when that arrives. Don't count on the rewrite beeing here soon, lots of work and a few new things wink