Topic: [Release] Login with ID

Just wrote an another punBB plugin for Projanmo Forum.

In normal uses, everyone sign’s in with username and password. But for a special purpose, i needed to login with user ID and password. Because, when the username is in a complex script language like Bangla and you want to login from the mobile and you don’t have Bangla writing system in your mobile, this feature comes in action.

This extension is written for mobile users actually. When you will visit the forum from mobile, you will be redirected to the login screen containing user ID and password.

http://tareq.wedevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/login_with_id.png

Download: Login with ID

Enjoy!!! big_smile

Re: [Release] Login with ID

Hey
Is it correct that this will only prompt for user ID     IF someone is accessing from a mobile device...  just to clarify... because I see nothing "happening" after having installed it big_smile

Yeah, you are right. In this version, only mobile users will be redirected to login.php?action=mobile and will see this screen. You can use this url to view it directly to your browser.

Works perfectly.

What I wonder though;
aren't those IDs a bit short
and how do your users know there ID?

I imagine it would  be good if they were sent the user id when registering - one that maybe has 6 digits... or is there no disadvantage to short user IDs?

Well, every user has there own user id. Look at your profile page link, your id is 14482. Mine is 13371, clear?

Yeah was already clear to me....
what  I wonder is, will your average user find his ID...

and this forum has 5-digit IDs - your forum has 1-2 digit IDs....
I wonder if that isn't easier to hack etc....