Topic: A few questions..

Is PunBB easy to skin/theme?
Before I start skinning PunBB, what coding languages should I know? CSS? etc.

Uh, I forgot something else I wanted to ask. Anyways if you don't mind, please answer those.. could use some help!

Thanks.

Re: A few questions..

Whoa, no answers yet.. I'm surprised! Anyways, I got one more.

What is this thing about the PunBB stopped developing and crap?

Does that mean we no longer get updates? News, proof?

As far as i know, it's one of the easiest forums to style with basic CSS knowledge. I just started using it about a month ago and I'm loving it.  big_smile

I'm not sure about the development of this. I think it's still up . I just know that there is two branch of developement. FlubBB and PunBB , FluxBB is ahead with the latest version but I still prefer PunBB.  wink

Oh, ah.. I already found out everything from Google and I also still prefer PunBB..

But you don't know what happens later, you've got to stay up-to-date. So yeah, I guess I'm gonna (try) move to FluxBB.

Thanks.

Khalid wrote:

Oh, ah.. I already found out everything from Google and I also still prefer PunBB..

But you don't know what happens later, you've got to stay up-to-date. So yeah, I guess I'm gonna (try) move to FluxBB.

Thanks.

I too did my homework and checked out what I could regarding PunBB and FluxBB. I didn't come up with a clear answer about the "real" difference. I prefer PunBB and plan to stick with it.

One thing that I really like (and FluxBB will probably be the same) is the simplicity and the users ability to change things. I am completely green with PHP and have just started looking at CSS (yes a real amateur smile ) but even then I can change the theme and alter things. This is great software!

Regarding staying up-to-date, I don't find that so important. I often use older versions of things and have no trouble. I've been using some of my software since the 80s! I like stable. Having regular new releases is the very definition of instability. Still, you do have a point. What is happening with PunBB?

6 (edited by s0me0ne 2010-07-11 02:17)

They are still doing commits every now and then, but no new version release for awhile. I havent decided whether to upgrade a 1.2 board i have to the newest punbb or fluxbb yet though.

http://punbb.informer.com/trac/timeline … format=rss
http://fluxbb.org/development/timeline.html