Re: [RELEASE] Usertagging for PunBB

I think for seamless integration, I might just do a check on the current subscription setting of user being tagged and if he doesn't like to be subscribed to stuff, don't alert him unless an administrator is doing the tagging.

I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet, been juggling a couple of ideas around in my head smile

Also just noticed while using, you'd probably want a check to see if the user being tagged is online. Not much point emailing if a member is online. Just a private message would probably be enough.

True, I will look into that this evening; I also just realized I didn't hook into the edit function yet, so I will be adding that as well.

Great work, this feature has a lot of potential.

Will give it a try in my devforum.

@nhodges

I was just thinking it might be good to have the email sent out have the following options at the bottom and in user profile. (Big job I know)

User Tag Notifications

• Turn on/off email notifications - Link

• Turn on/off pm notifications - Link

Like that it could be turned on by default and people getting to many etc can just turn it off.

kiejr wrote:

I'd say you should have the option for it to show an announcement link up the top, 'You've been tagged in topics'. Much like the Private Message Announcements extension (But a bit smaller of an announcement). That would be beast.

Bamp, because this would totally make it top notch A++  big_smile

KeyDog wrote:

@nhodges

I was just thinking it might be good to have the email sent out have the following options at the bottom and in user profile. (Big job I know)

User Tag Notifications

• Turn on/off email notifications - Link

• Turn on/off pm notifications - Link

Like that it could be turned on by default and people getting to many etc can just turn it off.

This would be great

Extension doesn't currently work for usernames containing multiple separate words such as "the man". It only works for single word usernames.

I like it though.

esupergood wrote:

Extension doesn't currently work for usernames containing multiple separate words such as "the man". It only works for single word usernames.

I like it though.

Can this be addressed easily?

cool extension. glad I came across this one