Topic: Adding IP To Welcome email template (and so admin sees it)

I'm just wondering about adding the IP
would I add a line
        $mail_message = str_replace('<user_ip>',get_remote_address(), $mail_message);
or        $mail_message = str_replace('<user_ip>','registration_ip', $mail_message);
or        $mail_message = str_replace('<user_ip>',$registration_ip, $mail_message);
in include/functions.php

($hook = get_hook('fn_add_user_qr_insert_user')) ? eval($hook) : null;
    $forum_db->query_build($query) or error(__FILE__, __LINE__);
    $new_uid = $forum_db->insert_id();

// Must the user verify the registration?
    if ($user_info['require_verification'])
    {
        // Load the "welcome" template
        $mail_tpl = forum_trim(file_get_contents(FORUM_ROOT.'lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'/mail_templates/welcome.tpl'));

// The first row contains the subject
        $first_crlf = strpos($mail_tpl, "\n");
        $mail_subject = forum_trim(substr($mail_tpl, 8, $first_crlf-8));
        $mail_message = forum_trim(substr($mail_tpl, $first_crlf));

$mail_subject = str_replace('<board_title>', $forum_config['o_board_title'], $mail_subject);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<base_url>', $base_url.'/', $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<username>', $user_info['username'], $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<activation_url>', str_replace('&amp;', '&', forum_link($forum_url['change_password_key'], array($new_uid, substr($user_info['activate_key'], 1, -1)))), $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<board_mailer>', sprintf($lang_common['Forum mailer'], $forum_config['o_board_title']), $mail_message);

($hook = get_hook('fn_add_user_send_verification')) ? eval($hook) : null;

Re: Adding IP To Welcome email template (and so admin sees it)

I think you would need

$mail_message = str_replace('<user_ip>', $user_info['registration_ip'], $mail_message);

This will look for <user_ip> in the mail template and will replace with the IP address.

Is this what you wanted?

excately big_smile thanks!
will test in a little...

Well sadly that wasn't enough... there must be more places I need to add the 'registration_ip' to as the above alone didn't work... the email just shows the text
<user_ip>  smile

Can you advise what template you added this into as what I put above should replace this string with the registration IP. I t should definitely not still be showing the string!

Please advise and I will check it for you!

I put it in the welcome.tpl for testing...

I just tested it on mine and it works. It sounds like you haven't added the line in functions hence the string is not being replaced. Please double check!!

Thanks

Found the problem.
If I have pun_approval enabled that extension has a seperate functions.php which overrides the include/ one.
So I thought I'll just copy paste the line over to that functions at the right place.
Turns out $user_info is an undefined variable in that file...
Next I found that if I use $row it works.
So you're right, it works, thanks.

Ah ok! Great to hear you have solved it!