Topic: HELP WANTED IN making a language pack

punbb translators, Could any of you help me in a tough spot,because i got stuck in translating punbb 1.3.4 to bangla.    bangla or bengali what ever you pronounce it, it contains rather strange characters(for you guys). These are utf 8(or unicode) characters and seem to be supported by punbb 1.3.4 in all other sections except the 'location' section(s). Its the section which is at the top and bottom of almost every page in the forum. Where it says like 'john's profile' or 'forum>topic>xxyyzz' . I have translated these just like other parts of the forum but for some reason they are not 'transformed' into bangla. For example the translation in code like '&# 0123 ;(without the spaces,togather)' is on other sections 'transformed(what ever you call it)' into bangla characters when in a web server being viewed(the forum) by web browsers. but in 'location(s)' section it is not 'transformed!?' but shown as is '&# 0123 ; '. It is a big ang very ugly looking line and is displayed almost everywhere. So i seriously need help in translating this.I hope to be helped by specially the japanese translator because i have seen that this langpack also works by 'transformation!!' from utf 8 to complex font or 'weird characters'. I will be greatfull for Any help.. Thanks in advanced. smile

Re: HELP WANTED IN making a language pack

I guess there could be problem with file encoding. I think that some files in lang folder aren't encoded in UTF-8, but in ANSI, so you'll have to change it. You can do it in almost any advanced editor - for example in Notepad++ you can find it in top menu > format > Change encoding to UTF-8 (without BOM)

wink

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Re: HELP WANTED IN making a language pack

Grez wrote:

I guess there could be problem with file encoding. I think that some files in lang folder aren't encoded in UTF-8, but in ANSI, so you'll have to change it. You can do it in almost any advanced editor - for example in Notepad++ you can find it in top menu > format > Change encoding to UTF-8 (without BOM)

wink

Nope, that doesn't solve the problem! The files ARE already in utf8. And everuything else works except the locations section.