Topic: Deleting spammers posting via proxies - using @google.com as email

On my website I've got a  spammer posting  30-40 replies to topics... daily... I have guest posting enabled BUT
I also have pun_approval activated and actually just go to phpmyadmin (as there's no deleting of multiple message at a time in pun_approval) and delete them a dozen at a time there (3 seconds work)...

But what I'd like to do is query a list of @domain addresses (.txt or .csv)  so that posts emanating from those domains I choose and add to list are automatically deleted...   Reason --> This particular spammer just uses @google.com email addresses - so not even possible...? (it's just googlemail.com, gmail.com isn't it?)

So something LIKE this in a manifest... ? (based on Grez's URL Checker extension...)

function domaincheck($domain, &$errors, $text = "") {
        global $ext_info, $forum_user, $forum_db, $forum_url;

$filename = $ext_info['path'].'/domains.csv';
        $handle = fopen($filename, "r");
        $content = fread($handle, filesize($filename));

don't know how to implement the deleting though...

Re: Deleting spammers posting via proxies - using @google.com as email

Removing the "powered by punbb" tag off my forum has effectively killed the ability for these idiots to find my forum at random.

(I noticed this in my google analytics logs.)

Try it! I know it won't deal with that current spammer you've got issues with, but for the future it may help. Also, perhaps turn off new user registration for a little while so that the moron gives up and moves on?

For reference, from my analytics:

forums ""powered by punbb""
inurl:viewtopic.php powered by punbb +health
health""+""forum""powered by punbb""
powered by punbb"" dresses
powered by punbb"" games
powered by punbb""health
animals forum ""powered by punbb""
animation forum ""powered by punbb""
car forum powered by punbb
cars forum powered by punbb
cartoons movie forums“powered by punbb""
clothing ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
computer hardware ""powered by punbb""
fine arts ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
flower forum powered by punbb
forum powered by punbb
government issues forums powered by punbb
inurl:""viewtopic.php?id="" ""powered by punbb"" -""previous"" -""next"" -""topic closed""""
jackets ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
keywords ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
kids bedding ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
law forum powered by punbb
love quotes forum ""powered by punbb""
matrix forum ""powered by punbb""
pet foods ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
photography forum "" powered by punbb""
resources forum ""powered by punbb""
skin products forums powered punbb
swing ""powered by punbb"" site: /forum
the constant forum_root must be defined and point to a valid punbb installation root directory.
truck forum powered by punbb

Turn off registrations?!  -  Never! smile
I have captcha turned off (doesn't really make a difference anyway) and guest posting allowed.
There's just those comments, and they're easy to deal with thanks to pun_approval. Business as usual for the site. No-one visiting the site even knows that I have spammers smile Now all I need is for the comments by that spammer to be auto-deleted, so I don't need to spend 30seconds a day cleaning them out...

I have sites that have the powered by hidden - spammers still find them.
I think it has a lot to do with pagerank and activity... unless you're telling me that the moment you turned off just the powered by, suddenly spammers disappeared?

The moment I removed it I have had zero random registrations. These Indian seo "experts" don't just find me because they're looking for the particular subject matter of my forum. They use the above quoted search strings and spend all day registering at any and all forums.