126 (edited by kiejr 2010-09-11 05:16)

Re: [Release] Portal by Daris

Also:  (High hopes?) I was hoping to put in something in like this:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/306/screenunb.th.jpg

So it has images (That you can customise) that correspond to the different forums topics were posted in
(As on my site we have News, General, Media&tech and Srsly)

PS: I love this extension.

Is it possible to disable the portal just sometimes?
If I make an iPhone style, I want to detect mobile visitor and redirect them to the forum WITHOUT the portal and use the iPhone style.
What do you think?

How do you make images on the portal resizable when the window is made smaller?

ie: So the avatar image doesn't go outside the cell when window is resized smaller.

Make sure the different divs have a set width. This way they don't get squished when you resize a window.

Read this: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06 … e-for-you/

TomeOne wrote:

Make sure the different divs have a set width. This way they don't get squished when you resize a window.

Still not understanding how to put this into the extension code >.<
<< Noob  smile

Is there a way for the 'Active Topics' panel to remove a certain forum from it's feed?

As well as possibly add another panel just retrieving topics from one particular forum.

132 (edited by TomeOne 2010-10-25 19:25)

kiejr wrote:
TomeOne wrote:

Still not understanding how to put this into the extension code >.<
<< Noob  smile

You have to edit the CSS.

In http://www.kiejr.com/extensions/portal_ … /style.css you have CSS that defines all your various layout styles.

Let's look at the left column (has stuff like "who's online"), which has an ID of "leftside". In your CSS file you have:

#leftside {
    float: left;
    }

To make sure that column doesn't get squished when you resize the window, you need to ensure it actually has a width, or a min-width/max-width.

Example:

#leftside {
    float: left;
    min-width:200px
    }

That addition alone will make sure that column never gets thinner than 200px, but it will still expand with the browser window.

If you don't want it to expand beyond a certain width, just add something like max-width:350px.

In conclusion: give all the different layout divs a width, min-width and (optionally) a max-width, and everything will behave a little more normally.

Wow. Thanks dude smile
If there was a reputation addon added on this forum, you would be getting some.
Seriously, thanks heaps big_smile

Is it possible to split the contents of "Who is Online" to two separate boxes?

A "Login" box shows when guests login and after they do, the box now shows the users username, avatar, amount of posts, notification if there's a new pm, and a link to the users profile.

And a second box just being a "Who is Online" box....

135 (edited by Eretz 2010-11-14 12:35)

Hello and thank you for this wonderful extension.

But my users noticed some problems :

- The central panels appear on the bottom of the page when the page is reduced, and leave a large blank area on the centre of the page. As if the central panels couldn't stay at its own place when the left and right floating panels become too close.

- The central panels do the same on mobile-iPhone wiew.

It also seem to have problem with some styles.

Apart from these little troubles, it's a fantastic extension ! thank you daris !

I have the same problem at some point too, sine i have a screen resolution of 1024x600 >.<

Look at my post. You need to do some CSS work (or Daris needs to do it tongue).

138 (edited by Eretz 2010-11-14 12:36)

I tried it, but it changed nothing. I also tried KeyDog advice, nothing too. The central column  still goes to the bottom of the page when the page is reduced... And it is the same on mobile aven when the page is not reduced...

Eventually, it works correctly on mobiles, but not on normal computers...

140 (edited by TomeOne 2010-11-17 01:42)

There is a a lot more CSS customization to be done for the middle column not to fall off the middle. But this is not my extension. tongue

TomeOne wrote:

There is a a lot more CSS customization to be done for the middle column not to fall off the middle. But this is not my extension.

In the spirit of opensource and the licence being GPL efforts from your side de-bugging or improving the extension would certainly be welcome...
Forks and re-releases with more/different features are encouraged as long as credit is given where due..!

142 (edited by hcs 2012-04-29 13:58)

I've almost tried everything to solve this problem. Changed CSS 250 times in Oxygen.css, oxygen_cs.css, style.css on the portal extention directory. Nothing to do.

The central panel still goes down on Safari and Firefox, but works on IE7...

Definitively no idea ?

After days and hours of research in the multiples punBB directories, I eventually found the origin of the problem, and succeed in fixing it.

Indeed, as I said I changed the .brd span in oxygen.css, but thanks to firebug, I discover that the change hadn't been repercuted on the css of the Firefox and Safari pages.

The cause is Fancy-JS-Cache. I downloaded from server the cache CSS files for the Firefox and safari navigators and put width: 900% at the .brd command line.

It works now, but it took me hours !

It's terrible because the complexity of PunBB make quite dangerous to change one's version.

I'm on the edge on nervous break down.

It worked. And I don't know why, the website became lilke this : http://forum-scpo.com/forum-scpo/index.php , and I don't why so I don't know what to change to come back !!!

Help ! I want to die !

http://forum-scpo.com/forum-scpo/index.php

Eretz wrote:

The cause is Fancy-JS-Cache. I downloaded from server the cache CSS files for the Firefox and safari navigators and put width: 900% at the .brd command line.

I don't understand >.<
So which line do you change in oxygen.css?

You don't touch neither oxygen.css, nor style.css.

You go in the extention directory/fancy-js-cache/cache on your server

On the source code of the page, you have the ID of the cache file.

you download the file, modify

.brd {
        padding: 1.3em 2em;
        margin: 20px auto;
        max-width: 1100px;
        min-width: 400px;
        width: 900%;
        }

It works for me now, but when I change any parameter on my portal (add or remove any panel), I have to rechange chache file.

Be careful, there are two different cache files for firefox and safari, so you'll have to make the changes on both files if you want all your users have the same portal.

KeyDog wrote:
TomeOne wrote:

There is a a lot more CSS customization to be done for the middle column not to fall off the middle. But this is not my extension.

In the spirit of opensource and the licence being GPL efforts from your side de-bugging or improving the extension would certainly be welcome...
Forks and re-releases with more/different features are encouraged as long as credit is given where due..!

I know, it's just I don't have much time to dedicate on stuff like this.

I may have some more free time coming up where I can properly re-write the CSS so it doesn't do the dumb things it does now.

Thanks a bunch for the portal smile

149 (edited by kiejr 2010-12-08 15:32)

Hey, ok.. need some help on this line.. If I wanted to get it to display the 'category' before the subject (for active topics). How would I do it?

$forum_page['item_title']['link'] = '[Category] - <a href="'.forum_link($forum_url['topic'], array($cur_topic['id'],
sef_friendly($cur_topic['subject']))).'">'.forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';

Please and thankyou..

kiejr wrote:

Hey, ok.. need some help on this line.. If I wanted to get it to display the 'category' before the subject (for active topics). How would I do it?

$forum_page['item_title']['link'] = '[Category] - <a href="'.forum_link($forum_url['topic'], array($cur_topic['id'],
sef_friendly($cur_topic['subject']))).'">'.forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';

Please and thankyou..

Hello,

This requires that you change active_topics.php at line 22,

// Fetch list of topics
$query = array(
    'SELECT'    => 't.id, t.poster, t.subject, t.posted, t.first_post_id, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.forum_id',
    'FROM'        => 'topics AS t',
    'JOINS'        => array(
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'         => 'forums as f',
            'ON'            => 't.forum_id=f.id'
        ),
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'        => 'forum_perms AS fp',
            'ON'            => '(fp.forum_id=t.forum_id AND fp.group_id='.$forum_user['g_id'].')'
        )
    ),
    'WHERE'        => '(fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.moved_to IS NULL',
    'ORDER BY'    => 't.last_post DESC',
    'LIMIT'        => '0, '.$count
);

to

// Fetch list of topics
$query = array(
    'SELECT'    => 't.id, t.poster, t.subject, t.posted, t.first_post_id, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.forum_id, c.cat_name',
    'FROM'        => 'topics AS t',
    'JOINS'        => array(
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'         => 'forums as f',
            'ON'            => 't.forum_id=f.id'
        ),
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'        => 'forum_perms AS fp',
            'ON'            => '(fp.forum_id=t.forum_id AND fp.group_id='.$forum_user['g_id'].')'
        ),
        array(
            'LEFT JOIN'        => 'categories AS c',
            'ON'            => '(f.cat_id=c.id)'
        )
    ),
    'WHERE'        => '(fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND t.moved_to IS NULL',
    'ORDER BY'    => 't.last_post DESC',
    'LIMIT'        => '0, '.$count
);

and then change your link at line 152

$forum_page['item_title']['link'] = '<a href="'.forum_link($forum_url['topic'], array($cur_topic['id'], sef_friendly($cur_topic['subject']))).'">'.forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['cat_name']).' | '.forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';

to

$forum_page['item_title']['link'] = forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['cat_name']).' - <a href="'.forum_link($forum_url['topic'], array($cur_topic['id'], sef_friendly($cur_topic['subject']))).'">'.forum_htmlencode($cur_topic['subject']).'</a>';

I don't speak English, but Google Translate is doing pretty good.