Re: pun_approval

loxodon wrote:

s it possible to have enabled only the registration approval? (and the posting approval disabled)

Yes, it is possible in the current version of the extension. You need to go to Administration->Start->Forums and there you can edit the settings for each forum. If "post approval" checbox is unchecked for a forum, all new posts in it will be added without approval. You can disable post approval for all your forums, but registration approval will be enabled.

Thanks.
Btw: future release feature request in section=approvalpost:
- possibility to mark and delete several posts at once
why?  so that
- images
- long posts
aren't even loaded
(I could tell by looking at a recent demo board, that all those posts needed to be deleted...)
http://keydogbb.info/img/unapproved.png

alexp wrote:
loxodon wrote:

s it possible to have enabled only the registration approval? (and the posting approval disabled)

Yes, it is possible in the current version of the extension. You need to go to Administration->Start->Forums and there you can edit the settings for each forum. If "post approval" checbox is unchecked for a forum, all new posts in it will be added without approval. You can disable post approval for all your forums, but registration approval will be enabled.

Thanks, found it smile
Btw, for next releases of this extension, maybe it would be good to have an option in settings to enable/disable post approval globally for new created forums (now its auto enable) or even for all forums, to enable/disable it with just one click. Just an idea, maybe its not so important  tongue Anyway its nice extension smile

http://keydogbb.info/img/sfs-punapproval.png

Talking of improvements;
I'd love to a see a Pun Approval Plus with the above illustrated possibility to send spam registrations to the Stopforumspam db.

loxodon wrote:

for next releases of this extension, maybe it would be good to have an option in settings to enable/disable post approval globally for new created forums

KeyDog wrote:

http://keydogbb.info/img/sfs-punapproval.png

Talking of improvements;
I'd love to a see a Pun Approval Plus with the above illustrated possibility to send spam registrations to the Stopforumspam db.

Thanks for all your ideas. We will be considering them when work on the next version of the extension

Is it possible that if a Guest posts a reply and the Admin approves it, the post gets the Admins IP ?!
That's what has just happened today to me ...

KeyDog wrote:

Is it possible that if a Guest posts a reply and the Admin approves it, the post gets the Admins IP ?!
That's what has just happened today to me ...

There are some problems with IP addresses. So the situation you described is possible. We are working on the extension right now. Thanks for the report.

What about unapproving a topic or post till you're absolutely sure its worthy to have.

What I mean is, when a spammer registers, you see the topic/post then unapprove till you clean it or decide to remove it. Have the simple option in topic and post view to unapprove, if its there don't see it.

If mentioned somewhere in this topic, sorry, didn't read all posts.

Love this extension, thanks.

Signature

genmb wrote:

What about unapproving a topic or post till you're absolutely sure its worthy to have

Are you talking about some kind of internediate state between approved and unapproved? And what happens to a post if i unapprove it the way you describe? Is it added to the topic or not? In current version a post can stay unapproved as long as you need, and if you want to approve it later, you can do it any time you want. I hope i understood everything you said right. If not, please explain in more details.

60 (edited by wmcintosh 2010-08-11 15:07)

alexp wrote:

Are you talking about some kind of internediate state between approved and unapproved? And what happens to a post if i unapprove it the way you describe? Is it added to the topic or not? In current version a post can stay unapproved as long as you need, and if you want to approve it later, you can do it any time you want. I hope i understood everything you said right. If not, please explain in more details.

Yes. Goes hidden till approved again or removed. Spammers would be able to post garbage posts/topics, unapprove till I can delete it later. Unruly or flamers posts/topics would be the same, except edited if needed, then approved again when there is time.

In order of posts/topics added, hidden till approved again, just for members. Guests posts/topics are fine with current approval system.

Basically... (if at all possible doing so)
1. in forum view have unapprove or approve certain topic.
2. in topic view have unapprove or approve certain post.

Hope i cleared my reasoning, sometimes not my best suite. lol

Signature

genmb wrote:

Basically... (if at all possible doing so)
1. in forum view have unapprove or approve certain topic.
2. in topic view have unapprove or approve certain post.

Thank you for your idea. We will think about it.

alexp wrote:

Thank you for your idea. We will think about it.

Your welcome, current extension is quite good as it is, that idea would make even better (if considered for addition).

Signature

I'm suddenly seeing a topic for approval in "Post Approval" > "Unapproved topics" but as soon as I click on it, it's gone ("There are no unapproved posts since your last visit") - Also the topic is old anyway, so I don't understand how it can be getting on the list...?!

Shouldn't it link to a page with unapproved topics?

Also a real unapproved post doesn't show up on the list.

KeyDog wrote:

I'm suddenly seeing a topic for approval in "Post Approval" > "Unapproved topics" but as soon as I click on it, it's gone ("There are no unapproved posts since your last visit") - Also the topic is old anyway, so I don't understand how it can be getting on the list...?!

Shouldn't it link to a page with unapproved topics?

Also a real unapproved post doesn't show up on the list.

I am having the same problem. I set it up so a certain user group needs approval for posts and topics. I confirmed that they just created a post (reply) and it says "Unapproved Posts (1)" at the top-right. However, after I click it, it says there are no posts to approve. Very frustrating!

I uninstalled and then re-installed the extensions and it worked! It showed me the posts.

But any posts made after this will not show up. To access them, I have to re-install the extension again.

What is going on?

@danimaltron: as immediate relief I usualy go to phpmyadmin and delete the post, but it's no real fix, just useful if it's a spam post.

@PunDevs: added to trac;  http://punbb.informer.com/trac/ticket/353

alexp wrote:
Zoldrax wrote:

after extension activated, this topic do not insert in "post_approval_topics" table

We were not able to recreate this bug. If this problem is still present, please describe in more details the situation when it happens.

I see that another users have this bug too.
Try to install post approval extension. After this create new topic by Administrator. After reply in this topic by not powered user.
In Admin login you will see that there is Unapproved posts, but the list of unapproved posts will are empty.
This problem in function "Copy topic in post_approval_topics" in manifest.xml. It worked only if topic created by user with no "Allow posting without approval " option.

There is any bugs too.
In function.php in function approve_user():

if($forum_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1')
    {
        $activate_key=random_key(8, true);
        $group_id=0;
        $query = array(
        'INSERT'    => 'group_id,username,password,salt,email,timezone,dst,registered, registration_ip, last_visit, activate_key',
        'INTO'        => 'users',
        'VALUES'    => '\''.$group_id.'\',\''.$row['username'].'\',\''.$row['password'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['salt']).'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['email']).'\',\''.$row['timezone'].'\',\''.$row['dst'].'\',\''.$row['registered'].'\',\''.$row['registration_ip'].'\',\''.$row['last_visit'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($activate_key).'\''
        );
    }
    else
    {
        $query = array(
        'INSERT'    => 'username,password,salt,email,timezone,dst,registered, registration_ip, last_visit, activate_key',
        'VALUES'    => '\''.$row['username'].'\',\''.$row['password'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['salt']).'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['email']).'\',\''.$row['timezone'].'\',\''.$row['dst'].'\',\''.$row['registered'].'\',\''.$row['registration_ip'].'\',\''.$row['last_visit'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($activate_key).'\''
        );
    }

There is no update group_id, language on registration, style and e.t.c.
If there is another default group id in forum new approved user cant login.
I change this on:

else
    {
        $query = array(
        'INSERT'    => 'group_id,username,password,salt,email, email_setting,timezone,dst, language, style,registered, registration_ip, last_visit, activate_key',
        'VALUES'    => '\''.$row['group_id'].'\',\''.$row['username'].'\',\''.$row['password'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['salt']).'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($row['email']).'\',\''.$row['email_setting'].'\',\''.$row['timezone'].'\',\''.$row['dst'].'\',\''.$row['language'].'\',\''.$row['style'].'\',\''.$row['registered'].'\',\''.$row['registration_ip'].'\',\''.$row['last_visit'].'\',\''.$forum_db->escape($activate_key).'\''
        );

But in true fork it mast be changed too.

I was just trying to set that new members who are posting for 1st time, need post approval.
Problem is: the place to set if user group needs approval is not somewhere where minimum number of posts can be entered.
In ranks one can enter how many posts a user needs to attain the rank...

Is there someway to make it so that when the user posts first time, the message will need to be approved? (without manually changing group?) Or that ranks can be edited for post approval....?

Or am I missing something?

Thank you for the description of the bug. A new version of pun_approval will be released next week.

Pun Approval 1.4.1 has been released.
A bug with unaccessible unapproved posts (there are posts waiting for approval, but there is a message "No posts waiting for approval" when you try to access them) has been fixed. We also added missing fields to the SQL query  mentioned earlier in this topic.
A problem with ip address of a user who has just been approved is still present. It will be fixed in the next version of the extension.
Links:

Thank you all for the feedback. We will continue to improve pun_approval. Your ideas and bug reports  will be very useful.

Pun Approval 1.4.2 is available.
A bug with poster's IP which was changed to the IP of administrator after the post had been approved has been fixed.
Links:

Waiting for your ideas and bug reports.

Now that's what I call high frequency releases big_smile
Thanks for this time-saving extension.

alexp wrote:

Pun Approval 1.4.1 has been released.

Thanks! It works correctly!

The post approval for "Guest" doesn't work for me. The data is entered in the db and the link to unapproved posts reads the correct number of posts but when I go to view the unapproved posts nothing shows up. Just to reiterate this bug is for non-registered users.

wandy wrote:

The post approval for "Guest" doesn't work for me

It should work correctly... I just checked it with a guest user, and it works fine for me. Have you updated to the latest version?

alexp wrote:
wandy wrote:

The post approval for "Guest" doesn't work for me

It should work correctly... I just checked it with a guest user, and it works fine for me. Have you updated to the latest version?

I'm not sure. Where do I get the latest versions of the extensions?

I see a lot of code on this forum about fixes and changes to extensions. Are these incorporated back into the extensions? As I don't see new version numbers for extensions after changes are suggested.