1 (edited by Huuuze 2010-08-16 14:12)

Topic: Bug in Ext Pun_BBCode: bar is missing - Parse error in code

I've installed a few extensions and I noticed that my BBCode bar is missing all of a sudden.  Outside of disabling the extensions, is there an easier way to troubleshoot this issue?

Re: Bug in Ext Pun_BBCode: bar is missing - Parse error in code

Okay, I ran things through Safari's web developer toolbar and it shows a "Parse error" in the code below (Line 4).  Any thoughts?

(had to use a link since the JavaScript includes a bunch of BBCodes)

http://paste.ideaslabs.com/show/S9Wx1Uy3h

For whatever reason, the generated JavaScript does not include the "continue on next line" backslash which concatenates the entire JS string on each line.  Does anyone know where the method that adds those backslashes lives?

4 (edited by Huuuze 2010-08-17 00:57)

I figured it out.  The pun_bbcode extension needed a fix in the bar.php file:

$bbar_text = str_replace(array('"', "\n"), array('\"', "\\\n"), $bbar_text);

...should be...

$bbar_text = str_replace(array('"', "\n", "\r"), array('\"', "\\\n", "\\\n"), $bbar_text);

Thanks for that. I'll move this to bug reports.

6 (edited by bareAre 2010-09-08 17:27)

I still have this problem, even after removing and reinstalling the application.

Any ideas? I tried to apply the code that Huuuze above here suggested, but still no buttons. I had these buttons before I upgraded punBB to the current version, but after that, I have never seen them. I downloaded the latest punBBCode (v1.3.6) and installed again, but no luck. Now I don't know what more to do...

Did you clear cache after reinstalling, and reactivate the extension? (by default after upgrade they're deactivated)

Yes. I have tried to disable, then clear cache and enable again (and empty cache again)..  and uninstalled/deleted the application totally (watching it beeing gone from extensions in punbb) and then reuploading fresh copy to ftp. It appears in Extensions, I click Install, the clear cache.. but still no go. I have several other extensions installed, so my only guess is that one of them is interfering with this one. So I have tried to disable everything else and install punBBcode again, but that didn't work either.

Which other extensions (incl. version number) are you using?

Try this download:
http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/_media/p … bbcode.zip

Think there's something seriously wrong with bar.php of extension that is on repository....

Still doesn't work.

And just to add: yes I've cleared the cache, yes I've deleted the extension and installed it new, yes I disabled every other extension and tried.

No dice. And I do see the div for where the bar should be. I've also tried viewing my forum in multiple browsers and it's the same issue throughout.

I'm having the same problem

- I've downloaded latest version of pun_bbcode
- I've refreshed the forum cash
- I've refreshed the extension hook
- I've disabled other extensions
But I still don't have any BBCode options.
Apparently, just one of my forum users says she can still see and use the options but nobody else can out of at least a dozen testers.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help

...and I tried Huuze's code but that didn't work
smile

Would anyone be upset if I bump this every 24 hours?
No BBCode = No fun

Cheers smile

I can't reproduce the bug. Can you check out the 1.3.5 version of the extension to check if the bug persists, please? It is the 1643 revision in svn.

Slavok wrote:

I can't reproduce the bug. Can you check out the 1.3.5 version of the extension to check if the bug persists, please? It is the 1643 revision in svn.

I grabbed the bbcode extension off the SVN and still no luck.

bump

TomeOne wrote:
Slavok wrote:

I grabbed the bbcode extension off the SVN and still no luck.

Did you find a solution?

Actually I found my issue - it was where I had commented something in the footer.php incorrectly so part of the script was not being called.

ironically having this issue as well... does not seem to be footer related. I updated the bbcode button module to 1.3.6, and seems it's now broken...

What do you did, that bbc bar disappeared ?

afaik upgraded a couple addons including bbcode... core needs updating but client doesn't want any downtime neutral

23 (edited by Visman 2015-01-08 12:46)

I've installed a few extensions and I noticed that my BBCode bar is missing all of a sudden.  Outside of disabling the extensions, is there an easier way to troubleshoot this issue?

What version of punbb are you using? 1.4.4?
Try download here