Topic: Extension installation problems

Hello, some of the extensions I've downloaded doesn't work.

1. smscoin_punbb_1_3_4_reg for example, doesn't work for "manifest.xml is missing

2. Two other extensions (topic_description and currency doesn't work because I've decided to remain in version 1.3.3 because of the difficulties and possibles consequences of closing my forum the time of converting from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4.

I've read that there's a hotfix that solve on 1.3.3 the problem dealt with by the 1.3.4 version without changing.

Will these extensions that work with 1.3.4 work with 1.3.3 "hotfixed" ?

3. 4 other extensions (online_plus_1.3.7, punbb_hide_urls_for_guests_v0.1, Hide_tags, Subject_index) doesn't work because it says "The ID must exclusively contain alphanumerical caracters and underscor caractere"

Can someone help me deal with this ?

I really wanted to thank you for all the fantastic and so usefull job you make for the global punBB community.

Re: Extension installation problems

Eretz wrote:

because of the difficulties and possibles consequences of closing my forum the time of converting from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4.

The update should take only minutes and if you do backup (db + code) you can always come back to latest version...
+ you can always try it on localhost...

Eretz wrote:

Will these extensions that work with 1.3.4 work with 1.3.3 "hotfixed" ?

Actually if you change in manifest.xml the <minversion>, it should work, but there can be some errors with which no one will help you, because they haven't tested it on old versions...

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Try to re upload extensions, it seems there was some errors.

Thank you for your answers.

I'll try one of these day to pass to 1.3.4 version.

I tried to re-upload the extensions that works on 1.3.3 but it didn't work. Quite strange.