1 (edited by Gordei4ik 2009-11-19 09:26)

Topic: [extension release] pun_move_posts

This is the first release of a new extension pun_move_posts. The extension allows moving selected posts from a topic.

Links:

Re: [extension release] pun_move_posts

What? difference is with what already exists?

In the current version of the forum you can only move topics. This extension will allow you to move posts

Already install but do not see where it goes, if you can put a screenshot please big_smile

Screenshots can be seen here

6 (edited by Radovar 2009-11-27 13:46)

Some comments/wishes smile

1. If I move post to topic where first post's date is later than date of moved post, this moved post becomes first post of destination topic. I don't think it's always good smile. Could you add feature to ignore dates when moving posts to new topic? (for example, date/time of moved posts becomes actual moving time)
2. Destination topic selection is uncomfortable when forum have a lot of topics. Can you sort topics by date descending, or do something else for easing of destination topic search?
3. First post of topic is unmovable. Why? smile Sometimes moving all posts from one topic to other is needed...

Thank you Gordei4ik !

Exactly what I needed and for me the right time of release.
Works fine - for now I only needed the split function.

Thank you Radovar!
Your wishes are added in feature request

I gave it a shot, looks good. I was hoping to have an option to leave a blank message where the old post was like: "This post was moved to .....".

Thank you for the suggestions.
They are taken into consideration as feature requests

great. thanks for the extension!

Radovar wrote:

Some comments/wishes smile

1. If I move post to topic where first post's date is later than date of moved post, this moved post becomes first post of destination topic. I don't think it's always good smile. Could you add feature to ignore dates when moving posts to new topic? (for example, date/time of moved posts becomes actual moving time)

Posts are only sorted by their ID. If you change the time and date of a post to the current time (system time at the time of transfer), it will not affect the order in which posts are displayed. I can change the sorting of posts via an extension. Sorting will be based on dates.
At the same time, transferred posts will be displayed correctly in a topic only when the extension is installed. If the extension is removed later by the administrator of the forum, the sorting will again be done by ID. Posts will be displayed in the wrong order.
Please express your opinion. What do you consider the best way to follow in this situation?

I think, the best way for me is to delete moved posts and to insert them again in the destination topic smile

New version 1.0.1 of pun_move_posts extension has been released.

Thanks a lot!

Please add new variables to the language file smile

Sorry for the ignorance here. I have downloaded the extension. I'm running 1.216. What do I put where to install it?  Many thanks!!!

mujitsu wrote:

I'm running 1.216.

It's for 1.3xx.  You need to upgrade if you want the extension system.

Instructions how to do so.

KeyDog wrote:
mujitsu wrote:

I'm running 1.216.

It's for 1.3xx.  You need to upgrade if you want the extension system.

Instructions how to do so.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Thank you for this extension.
It would be great if we could choose the topic number for destination topic.  cool

When I press "Movepost" I get:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  Destination forum in D:\Hosting\mywebsite\htdocs-forum\extensions\pun_move_posts\move_posts.php on line 97

How to solve this problem. Since I got 1.3 (now have 1.32) I have not moved posts myself because that split topic thing is annoying. I was very happy to this mod but it does not work for me. What is the problem?

Hello,

I come back because I would like to improve this useful extension for my needs.

Can you help me to add the possibility:

• to choose destination topic ID instead of the list of accessible topics, like in this example:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2659/movepostsext2.png

• add the possibility to move the first post of a topic

These improvements are very important for me and I obviously pay someone for that work if nobody can help me.

Thank you.

I noticed a problem o nthis extension :

When posts are moved, they automatically goes at the end of the destination discussion, not taking account of the date of posts.

Eretz wrote:

I noticed a problem o nthis extension :

When posts are moved, they automatically goes at the end of the destination discussion, not taking account of the date of posts.

I have the same problem, suddenly when i move posts from a topic to another it doesn't put them anymore in order by date/time; it puts them at the end of the topic and makes a mess. Anyone have any ideea?

gherosh wrote:

I have the same problem, suddenly when i move posts from a topic to another it doesn't put them anymore in order by date/time; it puts them at the end of the topic and makes a mess. Anyone have any ideea?

It was probably done on purpose, like that anyone following that topic you move the post to, can easily answer it. Otherwise the post will be somewhere in the middle, harder to find?