Re: Tags (pun_tags)

Slavok wrote:
Grant wrote:

When you click on a tag the search still seems backwards to me, but perhaps that is the way it's supposed to be?

Fixed.

Cool! smile

Slavok wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

so when u search a keyword. the same result it gives. SO???????

Searching by tag will be implemented later, not in this release.

Dunno if that's a good idea, I quite like the searches the way they are now. What advantages would there be in a tag-only search?

It will not be searching by tag only, search results will contain topics marked with tags, written in keywords.

The new version of pun_tags 1.3 has been released. It is available at the extension repository page, SVN or you can get it via pun_repository.

Would it be possible to add a word "Tags:" (or something similar) before the items in a cloud? Some people are getting confused about what the words down there mean. big_smile

With the number of tags growing a scrollbar appears which looks kind of ugly. Could you add an input form in the admin panel for the tags divider because FF3 doesn't break lines if the divider is   ? I already changed the manifest.xml manually but I would have to do it again on every update ...

DaClown wrote:

With the number of tags growing a scrollbar appears which looks kind of ugly. Could you add an input form in the admin panel for the tags divider because FF3 doesn't break lines if the divider is   ? I already changed the manifest.xml manually but I would have to do it again on every update ...

Agreed.

Please post your manifest.xml

Thanks. smile

Rask wrote:

Would it be possible to add a word "Tags:" (or something similar) before the items in a cloud?

DaClown wrote:

Could you add an input form in the admin panel for the tags divider because FF3 doesn't break lines if the divider is   ?

All requests was added to the wiki page of the extension pun_tags.

The new version of pun_tags 1.3 has been released. Changes from previous version:

• Added a group permission for the ability to mark topics by tag

• Added a notice "Tag:" to the cloud of tags

• Added a divider of tags in the cloud, which specified by admin.

The new version of pun_tags 1.4 has been released.
To get it, you can use pun_repository or visit the download page.
Changes from previous version:

• Added page where an administrator could see all tags and edit them.

great extensions, after using it for a bit I have two features requests (already added to the wiki):

* Option to force "lowercase" (or "capitalization") of tags
  * limit multi-word tags to X (ie: 2 or 3) -- avoids mis-tagging as 'foo bar biz baz' when what they really meant was 'foo, bar, biz, baz'

http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/ … re_request

Thanks, we have taken your requests into account.

New version of pun_tags has been released.
We added compatibility wih pun_approval extension. If pun_approval is installed and enabled, tags can be added only after new topic is approved.

Feel free to report bugs. We will be glad to hear your opinion.

I can not edit tags under tags management. I can see the list and can change tags but when I try to save it won't save.

Also, I would like as an administrator to be able to edit tags when editing the first post of a thread of any user.

If I post a new thread as the administrator I do not have the option to enter tags.

Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain

Всем Здравствуйте!

Извиняюсь, что пишу по-русски, с английским совсем туго.

Поставил себе на форум расширение Pun Tags, версия 1.5

Возникла проблема следующего характера - расширение не работает корректно с URL - схемой, отличной от Default.

Конкретно это выражается в том, что при отображении списка тредов, вываливающихся при клике по тегу, не осуществляется переход на следующие за первой страницы.

Кликаем например страницу 2, открывается сцылка вида  _http://test2.punk.ru/forum/tag2-p2.html_

со страницей содержащей надпись:

An error was encountered

Page Not found (Error 404): The requested page tag2-p2.html could not be found.

Пример можно посмотреть вот здесь: _http://test2.punk.ru/forum

У меня стоит URL-схема Filed Based (Fancy)

При URL-схеме Default, всё отлично работает

Пример: _http://test1.punk.ru/forum

Помогите пожалуйста победить эту беду, уж очень хочется и работающие теги и сцылки красивые.

Seduxen, can you please post in english! Or use punbb.ru ...

KeyDog, I am sorry, but my english is very bad sad  Please, excuse me.

People on the punbb.ru can not help me with this problem.

I hope, Russian Developer on that forum can help to solve this problem

Hi!

Is it possible to separate tags with commas or semicolons instead of whitespaces?

Thank you.

Hello,

I noticed that the tag cloud at the bottom of the main forum index page doesn't show all of the tags.  This isn't a permissions issue, as I am the forum admin.  Can someone explain how the tag is formed, or better yet, how I might go about changing it to show more tags?

Thanks.

Ok, so I found the admin setting for the number of tags in the cloud, but I think what I really want is a way to sort the cloud so that the "heaviest" tags show up first.  Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?  If I could find the place in the code where the cloud is formed, I could probably take it from there, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

45 (edited by Diego 2011-10-07 20:59)

KeyDog wrote:

Seduxen, can you please post in english! Or use punbb.ru ...

I've posted info about this bug in the bug report forum, but still no answer.

There is some pun_tag navination issue. When we click some tag that have more than 1 page of topics we can get access to the first page only. When we click next page link we get error page every time, e.g. "Page Not found (Error 404): The requested page tag14-p2.html could not be found." It looks like pun_tag extension is not finished. Page navigation in a list of tagged topics works only if URL scheme is Default, but we get error message when URL scheme is e.g. File based (fancy). htaccess is copied and page navigation in forums with File based (fancy) URL scheme works fine. Fix page navigation in pun_tag extension at least for the File based (fancy) URL scheme please.

Line 162 of functions.php in pun_tags (1.8.1)

' topic' and  ' topics'

need to be changed to support different languages....

I like and use this usefull extension ; though I assume there is something to be patched for a far better behaviour : the tags are printed out alphabetically (then I will need to print extensively 200 tags to get the complete list).

I would like like to request, strongly, for a frequency order rather than an alphabetically one.

Will this be done in an updated version or can someone tell me where is the line to alter to get a frequency order ?

Thank you.

abclf wrote:

I would like like to request, strongly, for a frequency order rather than an alphabetically one.
Will this be done in an updated version or can someone tell me where is the line to alter to get a frequency order ?

I would like to up my question tongue
thanks.

up, please wink

50 (edited by kudataz 2014-04-06 02:20)

up... request big_smile

1. help for improve for URL tag by number change to word

http://domain.com/tag/4/

why the URL tag not by words? ex:

http://domain.com/tag/nameoftagging/

2. in administrator Tags — Management — Administration — localhost
the style tag is annoyed many list from up to bottom,
how to make next Numbered Page Navigation list for simple monitoring?

for all req sorry for that, but the hope is punb still many visitor & developer love with punbb big_smile
please ur help developer.

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v