Topic: [Fixed: 1681] How many hours or days before activation link expires?

I wanted to know if there's a way to set the maximum number of hours/days before the activation link for email registration expires?

If an admin is monitoring registrations though userlist, but users still are added to list 3-4 days back, it can make the job more time consuming.

Re: [Fixed: 1681] How many hours or days before activation link expires?

Nope, there's none (unless you programme it by yourself)  big_smile

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

OK, thanks, because spammers make use of this. They only activate days later sometimes....

In my view this is a bug. What possible scenario can there be for letting someone activate an account more than 48hours after initial registration.

Devs: can you fix this?

Forum spammer bots are using this to "plant" users many days after registration. (They only activate account after days so they won't appear on the user list of recent registrations and get caught as easily by manual pruning)

Edit: Question
We need to include a timestamp in the database and test for status v. timestamp of when the activation link was sent out?

KeyDog wrote:

In my view this is a bug. What possible scenario can there be for letting someone activate an account more than 48hours after initial registration.

Devs: can you fix this?

. . .

I would like to request this fix as well. smile I was just searching to see how to deal with this and this thread seems to be the answer. IOW, there is no fix yet.

BTW, I have found that I can put "yesterday" or "today" in the "Registered after" search box and both will show today's registrants. However, one still has to check them to see if one of them is possibly legitimate and not just waiting an hour.

Fixed on changest 1681

hcs wrote:

Fixed on changest 1681

Thank you very much hcs!