Topic: HELP - Lost data - on server

Hello,

I was updating my forum (one) and while following the directions on (doteasy) I was doing step 4 (Click on the "Create Database" link to proceed to the next step) it wouldn't allow me to do this... so I DELETED the flie that was there - in an attempt to make the file needed....

Not knowing that this would wipe out the ENTIRE DATABASE!!!!

HELP - How do I get it back.

Thank you in advanced.  (Not at all versed in MySQL or CSS)

Margery yikes

Re: HELP - Lost data - on server

Oh this is the link to the instructions so you know where I was at: http://scriptslibrary.doteasy.com/index … mp;catid=7

ANYONE????????????????

H-E-L-P!!!!  I'm desperate!  I contacted doteasy - but as ALWAYS they keep giving me the "form letter" reply...

If anyone can help I would appreciate it!!!!!!

Thank you!

New part to this problem - how do I create a new database if I cannot get the old one back?

I mean - I am lost on where to place a new one to get the DB to work....

page now says unable to fetch user information ---  I'm not sure how what to do.

UPDATE Please help...

Okay, I have started all over with a newly loaded PunBB and am just looking for the old file I had on a backup.  I cannot figure out which file to CONVERT while trying to import an old board.

Can someone help me and tell me what I am looking for as far as a file name???

Thank you!

Forum content would all be saved into a mysql database (.sql), usually on the localhost.

OMG thank you for responding!!!

Is that in any particular folder?  I cannot find it on the server or on my computer...

Like I said earlier I saved the MySQL database all over (on the server) and apparently it wiped out my whole database - but is there anywhere else that file would be?

Ahh, not sure where they would actually be stored.

The way I access mine is through my host's cpanel, from there is has the option to save/restore backups, or create new MySQL databases/add users.

kiejr wrote:

Ahh, not sure where they would actually be stored.

The way I access mine is through my host's cpanel, from there is has the option to save/restore backups, or create new MySQL databases/add users.

That is where I was... when I was in there the directions were telling me to create a new database... it wouldn't allow me - so I deleted what was there and created a new one... that is when WHALA, I went to my board and it was alllllll gone!  Everything.

My question is does anyone know where I can possibly get that back? 

Or - in all of the alustrious folders of the program files - where I would find some back up data???  I have them saved from a prior time but I cannot find the file to use to reinstate or reconstruct it...

Is it in the cache folder?  or is it just not in those folders at all????   Is it only on the server and I deleted the ONLY COPY there was of everything?????????

If so, how could this possibly be?  How can this whole program run on just one back up file???  (<<<< My frustration)

I have resigned to no data and redoing the entire DB (install and new permissions, etc.)

Consider this case closed - no luck.

Ok so if anyone was patient/curious/kind enough to even read this far down I have more questions about this new fangled re-designed board with a new version.  Few questions:

How do I change the style of the board... I want this style but I can't figure out how to get my topics separated and split up so neatly. (The way this board is set up &. The way the former board style I was using.  (i have older, non-technology savvy members who are not able to navigate the page ad easily. ()