Topic: Installation troubles

I am attempting to install punbb and have come up with the following error message:

Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

The error occurred on line 44 in /home/content/y/o/u/yourtechhelp/html/PetRescue/punbb-1.3.4/include/dblayer/mysqli.php

I don't know what this means, and of course that means I have no idea where to start in order to resolve the issue.  Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Re: Installation troubles

Did you try uploading the contents of 'punbb-1.3.4' directly into the 'petRescue' ?

If you have phpmyadmin activated and created the mysql db - contact your host support....

KeyDog wrote:

Did you try uploading the contents of 'punbb-1.3.4' directly into the 'petRescue' ?

If you have phpmyadmin activated and created the mysql db - contact your host support....

To my knowledge the contents of punbb-1.3.4 has been uploaded directly into the petrescue folder that holds the contents of the website itself. Is this what you mean?

twood20 wrote:

/PetRescue/punbb-1.3.4/include/dblayer/mysqli.php

if you had uploaded the CONTENT and not also the FOLDER punbb-1.3.4 it wouldn't say the above...

your problem is likely a mysql installation/connection problem - so if the above suggestion doesn't help, you should contact your host as I explained in first answer.

5 (edited by banglalibrary 2011-05-04 13:54)

i just downloaded punbb 1.3.5 and i have wampserver. during install, an error was encountered.

it says:

Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

The error occurred on line 44 in C:\wamp\www\pun\include\dblayer\mysqli.php

BENGALI E LIBRARY
http://forum.banglalibrary.org, www.banglalibrary.org
Jyoti Tower, P-313, Nabapally, Salt Lake, Sector-IV, Kolkata-700105
E. M BYPASS, BUS STOP : CHINGRIHATA
PH : 033-23353176, +919831193298, +919836422308

Use right username and password for mysql.