1 (edited by naruto7 2011-06-23 07:55)

Topic: request for several feachers

•password protect certain forums (you may not see the point in it but its something i can use)
•add auto size avatar (i know alot of people hate resizing them and all to the correct size)
•add into the administration the ability to adjust avatar max size and file size (i have plenty of server space so i can allow larger avatar pics)
•be able to hide posts from guests and members other than the person who posted it (obviusly mods and admins can see it to this is mostly for people reporting other members)
•be able to set an image as user title (instead of using text i had made bars to use but i cant set them http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/kyle1046/admin.png )
•when a person posts u see this set up on the left of their post (i prefer this layout for it better and yes i want the IGN and job tags just leave that for the users to fill in with a text box) http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/kyle1046/display.png
•be able to pin post to the top of the thread with them marked as pinned
•change color of the group name/usernames (so members can identify the other group members on the online list at the bottom)
•add to the admin list where he/she can change the amount or url/images allowed per post (better yet all the stuff that has limits on it just add it to the administrator list and let them decide how much they want to allow of it and how little of it they want)
•be able to set images as a rank or image+text for rank (example of what i mean by image+text u have the text rank with the image above the text)

yes i have use for all of this stuff it also helps make the sight look alot better 8P
also u need to fix the times on it they are an hour off
example: u are -0500GMT u have to put -0400GMT for the time to be correct

Re: request for several feachers

naruto7 wrote:

password protect certain forums (you may not see the point in it but its something i can use)

It's kind of there already. You can create forums which can only be accessed by a grfup of users you specify.

naruto7 wrote:

be able to hide posts from guests and members other than the person who posted it (obviusly mods and admins can see it to this is mostly for people reporting other members)

the report link at the bottom of each post can do that

naruto7 wrote:

be able to pin post to the top of the thread with them marked as pinned)

Not a bad idea:)

colak wrote:
naruto7 wrote:

password protect certain forums (you may not see the point in it but its something i can use)

It's kind of there already. You can create forums which can only be accessed by a grfup of users you specify.

i meant like u click on that forum link an it requires a password to enter example we are playing a game online and we give out a promo code only the people who got the promo code or saw the promo code can see it the problem being u don't know who all saw it do u cant set up what users can see it or not thus the password, so im just sayin to add a cheack box in the edit part of each forum with an optional password

colak wrote:
naruto7 wrote:

be able to hide posts from guests and members other than the person who posted it (obviusly mods and admins can see it to this is mostly for people reporting other members)

the report link at the bottom of each post can do that

i was intending this to be where u set it up just for one forum area like the "Hacking/Abuse Reports" so i wanted it to automatically to do it so its like a support ticket where only the user who posted it and the mod/admins can see it and post replys

the

naruto7 wrote:

i meant like u click on that forum link an it requires a password to enter example we are playing a game online and we give out a promo code only the people who got the promo code or saw the promo code can see it the problem being u don't know who all saw it do u cant set up what users can see it or not thus the password, so im just sayin to add a cheack box in the edit part of each forum with an optional password

Could that be achieved with htaccess? It's slightly less user friendly as it requires modal windows but a possibility nevertheless.

naruto7 wrote:

i was intending this to be where u set it up just for one forum area like the "Hacking/Abuse Reports" so i wanted it to automatically to do it so its like a support ticket where only the user who posted it and the mod/admins can see it and post replys

There's the messaging system used in this forum. would that help?

colak wrote:

the

naruto7 wrote:

Could that be achieved with htaccess? It's slightly less user friendly as it requires modal windows but a possibility nevertheless.

hmm i dont wanna modify any of the files my self becuse i noticed that last time i tryed that the forums corrupted on the server and i had to reinstall it thats why i added this into the request 8P

colak wrote:
naruto7 wrote:

There's the messaging system used in this forum. would that help?

what messaging system i dont see it
and does it act like a forum where u posts your thread and only ther person who posted it+admins+mods can see it so they can help them

Modifying the htaccess will not corrupt your installation but it might return a 500 error at which case you just reupload the original one.

The messaging is for all users. Here it appears on the top right "new messages" underneath the main menu.

7 (edited by naruto7 2011-06-25 00:08)

colak wrote:

Modifying the htaccess will not corrupt your installation but it might return a 500 error at which case you just reupload the original one.

The messaging is for all users. Here it appears on the top right "new messages" underneath the main menu.

messages would be nice but why doesn't mine have it i have the newest one

It's an extension you have to install. Either install the repository extension and then install it that way, or download the latest version from the wiki.

well can someone at-least make a thing to edit the other things that i have requested for?

What exactly you mean?

Part of your requests is already implemented in extensions.

dimkalinux wrote:

What exactly you mean?

Part of your requests is already implemented in extensions.

I'm referring to the ones that haven't been done like the images for ranks and all the other stuff that hasn't been done and can i get the links to the ones that are already made so i can install them