Topic: Adding Users

Hi, I have a BB from a long time ago and im trying to put the posts in this board by hand, as the only backup was a whole site download.

Users

Is there a way to mass add users through MySQL? I have pun_admin_add_user but have over 1000+ users (Very tedious)

If that isnt possible how can I directly link to the add users section in the users list (to save me some scrolling time)

I tried adding my own navigational link with:

2 = <a href="http://example.com/userlist.php#addusers">Add Users</a>

and then changing the line in manifest.xml to

<h2 id="#addus" class="hn"><span><?php echo $lang_admin_add_user['Add user'] ?></span></h2>

But it doesnt link to that section in the page. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Adding Users

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to put together a script for that imo. Just give me the structure of users table  wink

And with the second problem - delete the '#' from <h2> and it should work smile

Lutherross3 wrote:

<h2 id="#addus" class="hn"><span><?php echo $lang_admin_add_user['Add user'] ?></span></h2>

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

3 (edited by Lutherross3 2011-06-24 02:38)

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to put together a script for that imo. Just give me the structure of users table

The structure? I just have a factory install of punbb besides 3 extensions. I don't need anything past the salt field.

My punbb_users table currently looks like so:

id - stopped at 71 Edit: Thought I had only 28 users
group_id - all 3
username - I have a list
password - admin for all a.t.m
salt - salt
email - all have random emails but im going through phpmyadmin and deleting them since the extension requires an email for new users

And with the second problem - delete the '#' from <h2> and it should work

Thanks, trying this now. Edit: Worked big_smile

I meant structure of your former BB big_smile

5 (edited by Lutherross3 2011-06-24 16:27)

There isn't one lol it was backed up by downloading the website (long story tongue ). I'm adding all the post by hand  hmm  lol

im manually adding the user names and logging into each of them and copying the posts they made. If I could mass add this list of users I think I can add the post through mysql without logging into each user

If what you're saying is that you literally File>Saved every thread on your forums as rendered HTML, then there's really no easy way to do what you want. The best you could do is write a regular expression and grep through all the files to search for usernames, but that'd be really painful.

I'm guessing you don't have a backup of the database then?

Yes it is a very old bb that didnt need backing up at the time, one of the old forum mods downloaded the forums with a program like HTTrack, so there is no database just rendered HTML like you said.

I really dont have a problem adding the posts by hand but really dont want to add all the users by hand. I have a txt file with a list of all the usernames I just need help with the MySQL to insert them into the punbb_users table.

Send me (or here) the .txt file and I'll try to write a script for that ;-)

PM Sent