Topic: Forum attacked by spamer

Can someone advice what to do?

I am the member in one forum supported by PunBB. Recently forum have been attacked by spammer, but we can not reach moderators and administrator of this forum. Can PunBB do something with that?

Re: Forum attacked by spamer

Without a moderator or admin, no, you can't really do anything.

If you can get one of your admins/mods to take a look at the extensions forum though, there are some good user-made antispam extensions they could install.

yes it 's real attach from spammar, how my forum, PunBB no t have a good antispam system.... hmm

4 (edited by fantasma 2011-06-10 22:55)

punbb is dead @dimkalinux can't work alone at this project...

hklown wrote:

Without a moderator or admin, no, you can't really do anything.

If you can get one of your admins/mods to take a look at the extensions forum though, there are some good user-made antispam extensions they could install.

This is a problem, that we can not reach both

1) If your forum attacked of spambot — better solution is fancy_stop_spam.

2) If your forum attacked handmade spam (rare case) — use pun_approval.

Without admin access you can do it anything. maybe hoster can give you access.

fantasma wrote:

punbb is dead

If you are such a useless and nothing can help the project, then less than repeat your poisoned mantra

give punbb to users!

fantasma wrote:

give punbb to users!

If you're asking for development to be given to users, maybe you should read the announcements at the top of the board/familiarize yourself with github.

mmm  tongue  i know!

fantasma wrote:

mmm  tongue  i know!

Then stop spouting "punbb is dead", because it's not, and it gives the wrong idea to people who read it that aren't familiar with the project.

Simple answer, it's your moderators and administrators job to handle this. Users can't do anything about it.

hklown wrote:
fantasma wrote:

mmm  tongue  i know!

Then stop spouting "punbb is dead", because it's not, and it gives the wrong idea to people who read it that aren't familiar with the project.

yes but the developer of new themes, new extensions and mods is very slow.......why?

Development of new themes and extensions is not a priority for the developers, and has nothing to do with the status of development of punbb's core. If you want new themes/mods, do it yourself or find someone in the community to do it, but don't go around spouting falsities.

i can't make new themes and mods because im not programmer or design, other board system have very big community that work on it every days. Few years ago I thought that this script will be gone to the top, but after informer acquisition, the project has gone down.....now i can't migrate to new software because no programmers on the other community products a converter for this forgot community.
bye

Jérémie wrote:

Simple answer, it's your moderators and administrators job to handle this. Users can't do anything about it.

I know that as a user I can't do anything... I was just inquiring if PunBB can do something about it as a host.

PunBB doesn't have any control over how people use their software, nor do they host any forums (as far as I know) other then this one.

So no sad